It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
(male)

Mr. Ruth HB User
Sad News about Ruth6:11

To everyone in the Relationship Health Healthboard.

Many of you many know of "Ruth" in this Healthboard. I am saddened to tell you all that she has passed away. She suffered a ruptured aneurysm Thursday evening, Oct. 26. Doctors tried for over a week to repair the damage. However, the damage to the brain was to severe and she never regained consciousness.

"Ruth" died on November 4 at 12:45 a.m.

One of her wish was for me to sign-up on HealthBoards and inform you of her death. She left me instructions to create my screen name as Mr. Ruth hoping that everyone would make the connection.

I am her husband and will miss her very much. She was 52. Our 17th wedding anniversary was Oct. 28.

I have never posted on HealthBoard before and I hope that I am not breaking any rules. If so, I'm sorry.

There are other HealthBoards that I am to post to also.

I know that this board had been very helpful. She would tell me stories and anecdotes that she got here.

I know that most of you would not post here if everything in your life was great. Unfortunatly that is not always the case. I know I have my problems. But after losing my wife and best friend, my other problems seemed to disappear. The support of friends and family has been overwhelming.

I'm sure "Ruth" would have some profound comment to say to help me through this most difficult time. But knowing how much I was loved by her helps.

I will check back and look forward to reading your posts. She touched so many lives. Some she knew well, and some she had never met at all.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User
Re: Sad News about Ruth6:11

I am very sorry to hear that!!!!!!! I was absolutely shocked to hear your sad news!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Ruth will be dearly missed. Stay strong and we are all here for your support!!!!!! hugs!

Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

OMG, I can't express how sorry I am to hear this. Mamma Ruth was the only real friend I felt like I made on these boards, she was very important to me, and was never anything but a great source of love and inspiration for all of us. My heart goes out to you and all her family. She and all of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Ruth has helped many, and will be missed greatly! She was a true survivor of Bipolar Disorder and an inspiration for others. Thank you for letting others know of the sad news, and feel free to post here yourself.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User

I'm sure I don't just speak for myself when I tell you how heartbreaking this news is. To Mr. Ruth, I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm a frequent viewer of these boards, and while usually I come to offer advice to others and haven't often posted about problems of my own, I've seen the wonderful advice she has given others and been able to see from her words what a truly good, generous, and caring person she must have been.

I'm sure everyone on here appreciates you taking the time, despite your own grieving, to let us know what happened. I recall through her past threads her referring to us as her "friends" and I possibly even remember her using the words "online family." She has touched many lives on here and will be missed.

Again, Mr. Ruth, I'm so very sorry for your loss. She mentioned you time and time again, as I'm sure you could find if you went through her posts, with nothing but kind words. My sympathy to you and your family.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
(male)

Mr. Ruth HB User

Thank your for kind thoughs and memories. Someone asked what the meaning behind her screen name, Ruth6:11, and I honestly do not know. I know her grandmothers name was Ruth but 6:11 is a mystery to me also.

If I find out I will let you know.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Dear Mr. Ruth,

I am Angel on the board, nothing could be further from the truth in real life!! She was a real gem. If you want to know what she was like and what she meant to us on the board, you can go to the search button on the blue tool bar and type in Ruth 6:11 and it should pull up a good majority of her posts and you can read her words.

She was a bright woman, compassionate and sweet, but then you know this, you were married to her.

I am sorry for what you are going through and I sincerely hope you will take advantage of this site and get help from those of us here who 'knew' her as well. That's what we are here for. You can post on the grief board, it's a good place to start.

I am sure you are in shock right now and we would be more than happy to help in any way possible. If she was a gem, you must be too! Please let us know if we can help.

I am truly sorry for what you are going through right now. I can't imagine the shock and pain. I hope you keep that great support around you and know that you have many friends here as well.

God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers..................Angel

Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

I am soo sorry for your loss! I only spoke with her a few times but she touched my life and brought a different aspect to things. My thoughts and prayers are with you and she will be truly missed.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Mr. Ruth-
I am so shocked and saddened to hear the news. I joined this board when I was going through a horribly painful breakup, and I remember your wife always had something wise, kind and inspiring to say to many of my posts, from the beginning up to just recently. As much as I didnt know her personally, I felt like she was one that would always type what I REALLY knew deep-down inside, but didn't want to admit to myself. And she also had a very tactful and caring way of wording things, to where you felt as though she really did understand, without judgment.

I am so sorry for your loss, and I am also amazed to know that she thought of everyone here and wantd you to come on here and let us know.
I hope that we can all be here for you as your wife was here for us.

Last edited by lady346; 11-05-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Mr. Ruth ~ If ever I could mourn the loss of the sister I never had in life it would be on this day. I have so many precious memories of Ruth and how God had blessed us with a "cybertwinship" that reached out from the miles between New York and the Midwestern plains.....a kinship of souls that gave us a rare and special friendship that so very few have the opportunity to share. One that permeated the world of cybersapce and into each of our homes.

What a gift and what a beautiful life that touched the depths of my soul and the lives of so many others here. She loved, she laughed, she got angry and sad. She felt and lived life in all it's emotions, in all it's trials, all it's triumphs, all it's happiness and it's sadness too. She taught me and so many others here what it's like to embrace it and to rise above everything and anything that came your way. She wasn't afraid to share her weaknesses for in doing so we learned of her many strengths. Ruth was a part of each one of us and made us feel like family. She felt safe here and we felt safe with her.

Oh Ruth .....you are not gone, you never will be, for your spirit of life and love and all of its dreams lives on among us. We often spoke about almost anything and everything and even about how when the time came that we were in heaven that we would recognize one another by the sharing of our souls. God divided them in creation so that we would find one another one day and discover His ability to bring us together in order to reveal HIS purpose. Who would have ever known that you would serve such a purpose in my life??? Or in the lives of so many others here???

Mr. Ruth....I know that Ruth has a message for you and that is that you were the one who she was meant to be with, who she was afraid to ever be without, we shared that fear the night that you had to go to the hospital with the blockage in your heart. When you had that blockage it was as if she came to the realization of what life would be without you.....that you were her dearest and very best friend in the whole wide world and that she would be lost without you. And isn't it just like Ruth to take this journey before you so that you wouldn't have to worry about her and that she could be there to greet you and take care of you when the time came. If it helps you to know in anyway....Ruth and I were quite connected and I am at peace knowing that she didn't suffer and knew how very loved she was by people she knew and also by many who she hadn't ever had the opportunity to meet. She was big part of this HB family and I know that her posts will be terribly missed. As a tribute to her, as I continue to post I will continue to use an angel next to my name with a smiley wave added in honor of my cybertwin

Ruth and I shared everything and when I mentioned how there was no 6th chapter in the book of Ruth she did mention that she had chosen it in memory of her dear grandmother whose name was Ruth and who she was very close to. She also shared how in registering she had mistakenly used the wrong chapter and verse. Ruth explained that there was a Chapter and verse in the book that proclaimed how one should be protected from abuse and how God brought Ruth to a safe place where she would find a man who would protect her from abuse and make her feel loved and safe. (Perhaps that is the profoundl comment that you needed to hear to help you through such a difficult time) Ruth and I share a history of having lived and survived abuse and had shared a common mission to help others here who find themselves in an abusive relationship. We often were seen tagteaming one another on threads in which there was abuse within a relationship and would share what we had learned in our own lives in order to give others who were in abusive relationships the strength to walk away. We often fought together here to do that.....something that was important to both of us. And we often spoke about how blessed we were to have found such wonderful husbands. The exact chapter and verse she had picked out in the Book of Ruth in the Bible does not come readily to mind but I do have a friend who has a wonderful memory who is bound to come through) So keep your eyes open and I am sure that mystery will be cleared up.

I was blessed to have had Ruth's friendship here and on the Bipolar board. It was her friendship that carried me through the scariest moments when my youngest daughter was recently hospitalized and diagnosed as Bipolar. God knew that I would need a special person to help me through that period of time....she gently held my hand and led me to the Bipolar board where I was welcomed and comforted by her wonderful friends. She knew where I would find my strength and sat on the sidelines always making sure that I was okay. So rarely do we find such a friend or feel so connected as I have with Ruth.

And I couldn't think of a finer place to share something that shows the depth of our love for one another and her love for YOU.....in her very own words in two of her many valuable posts she says.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
I cannot understand how I can have a friend I feel so close to and yet have no idea where they live, their name, and have no NEED to know!!
(If you knew the movie Beaches like I know the movie Beaches, the Wind beneath my Wings is a trifle bittersweet!!)
Ruth
AND.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
Goody your idea worked like a charm. The difference in me is so noticeable that Mr. Ruth even asked what happened. I told him that my friend Goody had given me this wonderful word picture (and Olympic skating was actually on the Dish at the time!) to use. He, of course, already knows of you and I have been told to give you a BIG Hug from him... (and please have Tom give you a hug for me!)

When he left for work yesterday (yes, on a Sunday) he actually said the words, "I'm off to do a few sow cows."!!!!!

How the heck does it FEEL to make such a huge difference in someone else's life Goody?
I am not done here....I have much more to say in tribute to Ruth and will probably do so over on the Bipolar Board but just wanted to tell you how unbelievably blessed I am to have met Ruth here. I am certain with every fabric of my being that she will continue to be a part of our lives. We believed in signs, Ruth and I, and the day she departed so happens to be the birthday of my best friend. It shows me that she and I shared such a friendship.

May God bless and comfort you and your family at this time. I ask as a special favor that you give Ruth's mom a special hug from Goody, for in her wonderful friendship Ruth brought her mom on board to help me through where she felt she was unable to do so. I know how close a relationship they shared and know that this time will be most difficult for her.

Our love and prayers are with you during this time and if ever a person could be measured by the life they lived Ruth would be immeasurable for she lived and loved with heart and soul.

Ruth6:11
Senior Veteran
PostsTotal Posts: 3,421 (3.23 posts per day)
Find all posts by Ruth6:11
Find all threads started by Ruth6:11

I love you, Ruth ~ Goody

Old 11-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Mr. Ruth, I can't even express how shocked and saddened I am by this news. Thank you for coming here and letting us know. Your wife was such an inspiration to so many people on this board, including myself. She had so much warmth and wisdom to share. I have been around this board for a while, and I almost feel like I know "Ruth" so this was very hard for me to find out. She was only a few years younger than my mom--I feel that is so young to leave this World! I am so sorry, Mr. Ruth--please take care of yourself--my deepest condolencies to you and your family. Also, please feel free to post here if you need encouragement and support

Old 11-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
(female)

Ellecram HB User

Mr. Ruth - My heart goes out to you. I am not a very frequent poster here but when I have stopped by I was always impressed and touched by Mrs. Ruth's messages.
I am so sorry that she passed away and I am touched that you have come by here so quickly to let people know.
She will be missed by very many people - Elle

Old 11-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

Mr. Ruth, please accept my sympathies on the loss of your lovely wife. She was a kind, helpful, and intelligent woman who will be missed by many....most of all, you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. May God comfort you in your sorrow.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #14
(female)

Stillsearching HB User

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

I'm so sorry for your lost.

I'll pray for Ruth, for you and for your whole family.

May Ruth rest in peace.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
love leaves a memory no one can steal"

Dear Mr. Ruth,

We will never understand why people like Ruth are taken so early. I've experienced many deaths in my life and each one is just as hard as the last.
Ruth is probably looking down at you right now and trying to comfort you. You have her in your heart and if you listen closely, you will hear her tell you that she's okay.

Sometimes, God just want their angels sooner than we want to let go of them.

I hope our words would find you some comfort and peace because she'd given us so many valuable advices that we will always cherish and keep. Her words of wisdom goes beyond this board because of her kind presentation.

She loves you very much and she often told us here on the board. My prayers and deepest sympathy to you and your family.

God bless you and your family.

Closed Thread