It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

sweet_chic HB User
Question How can you tell if he's NOT interested??

I always hear all this advice on "signs he's interested"...blah...blah...blah... but I NEVER hear much about signs a guy ISN'T interested in a girl!

So fellas, tell me...what do you guys do or HOW do you guys act when you're NOT interested in a girl, or don't have any interest in wanting more than a friendship from a girl? What are some obvious signs or clues that a girl should look out for that a guy just isn't into her??

Cuz I think I'm about to go crazy from wondering about it in my own situation! lol!

Last edited by sweet_chic; 02-08-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

apple_juice HB User
Re: How can you tell if he's NOT interested??

tell us more about your current situation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

sweet_chic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple_juice View Post
tell us more about your current situation
Well, there's this guy I know who's sort of like a friend of mine, and like him but I'm not really 100% sure how he feels about me. Sometimes, I get the impression that he MAY like me, but on the other hand, I'm not sure, and I guess sometimes I feel like he may not like me. He's also a little on the shy side (especially around girls he could be attracted to), so it's really confusing sometimes!

I just notice that he acts "strange" around me sometimes. But other times he can act "normal". I'm just sick of wondering, and before I put myself out there and just ask him "what's up?" I just wanted to know from the guys (or maybe even girls with this experience) out here if there's a difference btwn how guys treat a girl they're interested in vs. a girl they just like as a friend ONLY?

I just wanted to know the signs of a guy NOT being interested in a girl other than a friend because I won't put myself out there if it seems like the signs are pointing to him NOT being interested in me.

And again...he's a little on the shy side...so he's tricky to read sometimes.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

it's harder to tell what they are thinking when you are friends. he could like you and be too shy to say. or he may think you like him, but he only likes you as a friend and doesn't want to hurt you. the only way to tell is to ask. it will not hurt anything to tell him how you feel or ask him what he thinks about you.

Last edited by tarheel247; 02-08-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

I honestly think that guys and girls do the same thing when not interested. So ask yourself, what do you do when you're not interested in someone? One thing I know for sure is guys like to sweet talk. When there just sweet talking on and on but no actions- hes not interested and could care less. I used to have this guy only call me for one thing- but he would tell endless sweet nothings allllll the time. I finally was like.. "wait buddy your all about talk, but no action"... why? Cause he didn't care.

When i'm not interested in someone I won't call them, call them back, if they do call from like a private number or something (trying to be sneaky) i'll make the call as SHORT AS POSSIBLE, being very short with them, I will not make any time for that person at all...

I mean I personally feel men and women both show the same signs of not being interested..

Old 02-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

There are few people in this world more shy than me, especially when it comes to romantic situations, but when I'm interested in a man, I find ways of letting him know clearly. It could be he's so shy and insecure that he's too afraid to ask you out. But do you really want to date a guy who's afraid of you, can never relax around you, puts you on a pedestal and is threatened and terrified all the time of losing you? that's a horrible foundation for a relationship.

I think you should read a great book called "He's Just Not That Into You." It spells out how men behave when they are NOT into you in clear detail. If I could work my will, I would make it required reading for every teenage girl in the country.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lydia111 HB User

Unfortunately you may not get many responses from men--Notice it's mostly women that like to write in the Relationship section...
From my experience, guys can be sort of interested and unsure if they want you or not, and those are the most frustrating ones of all. Because they'll do things that show they like you, and other things that show they don't care that much.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
(female)

sweet_chic HB User

Thanks for the tips guys.

Yeah, I've read those books on relationships including the one "He's Just Not That Into You". But it seems to me, those books are more for people who are actually IN relationships as opposed to the people who are either LOOKING to BE in a relationship, or who may be friends with a member of the opposite sex and aren't sure if the feelings between the two are romantic or simply "friendly". Am I making any sense?

Quote:
From my experience, guys can be sort of interested and unsure if they want you or not, and those are the most frustrating ones of all. Because they'll do things that show they like you, and other things that show they don't care that much.
Ughgh! I know! Don't you just hate that?? It's confusing as anything!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #9

Kraskwhoor HB User

Ok if you want to know whether a guy is interested or not here is what I can tell you being a guy myself. If he is interested he will show you. He will hold eye contact with you when he is around you, open doors for you, talk to you and hold conversations, call you when he says he will and try to make plans with you. If he is not interested he will show no effort. He won't try to make plans with you and will make you do all the contacting. If a guy you like is acting this way do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. You will be saving yourself a lot of time and frustration.

Closed Thread