It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
(female)

oranges85 HB User
feeling depressed

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:48 AM.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: feeling depressed

I can find very little in your post for you to be so depressed about. You can't have expected him to sit in his room for the 2 months that you opted out of the relationship; he didn't cheat on you. He made a new friend, but he seems to be happy to keep her at friend level. As for his telling people about being in a relationship for 6 months, perhaps that is how he sees it, also for people who don't know your history, but met him as a "single" man while you were apart, it is simpler. Don't sweat such small stuff, and get off his case about those two months. He probably felt broken-up-with, and why not? Its not like he ran off and slept with anyone. Move on from all this. Cheers, Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 05-04-2007 at 12:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #3
(female)

oranges85 HB User

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

i wouldn't push the issue too much. telling her to "go away" should be enough for you to know he is serious about you and only you. i don't know many guys that would tell a friend to go away for just a gf. i can understand your jealousy. but what does he have to do in order for you to feel better about things? so i have to ask...is the girl the real problem here or is she just an excuse for you to want to end things with him...again?

Old 05-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #5
(female)

oranges85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel247 View Post
i wouldn't push the issue too much. telling her to "go away" should be enough for you to know he is serious about you and only you. i don't know many guys that would tell a friend to go away for just a gf. i can understand your jealousy. but what does he have to do in order for you to feel better about things? so i have to ask...is the girl the real problem here or is she just an excuse for you to want to end things with him...again?

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

he chose you over her. he is your bf so you shouldn't worry about her or what she will say to you. she will have to get over it. it was good that he told her that he told you what happened. that way she doesn't get the idea that he keeps things from you. that could lead to her coming on to him more. sorta hard to do that when you fear an arse kicking from the gf could result. you should go to the party, and anywhere else he wants you to go, and have a good time. he has more then proved that he is devoted to you and only you. no harm in you being jealous. its human nature. just don't let it get the best of you. he will always have other women around if he works. so thats something you will have to get use to also. and if he is nice looking then there will always be at least one that is interested/flirty. but at the end of the day its you that he wants to spend his time with and come home to. until he does something to cause you to doubt his honesty, you shouldn't bring up the subject again.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
(female)

oranges85 HB User

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:49 AM.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges85 View Post
i guess i just feel that if he loved me so much and wanted to be with me, then why would he go off with her in the first place?
You have to remember that you asked him for space and that is the only reason he got involved with her in the first place. I'm not trying to be mean by saying that, I just don't think you should hold it against him. I don't know too many people who would sit around for two months waiting to see what happens. Now you are back together and he chose you over her (and not every man would do that). He was honest with you about everything and she knows it. If she has a problem with it then that is her problem.

My opinion, let it go. He has made it very obvious to her and everyone else that he is with you. Go to the party or wherever else with your head held high. She may work with him, but he is with you!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
(female)

oranges85 HB User

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:49 AM.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Quote:
also the same thing happened to a guy i worked with. his girlfriend asked him for space too and he became so upset that he couldnt sleep, never smiled at work or anything. it just seemed like my boyfriend moved on so quickly. i guess thats the part that worries me. during those 2 months i messaged him wanting to catch up but he always said he was busy but he told me that he just needed time to reflect on us too.
these posts that you guys have sent me have helped me to feel better tho. i do appreciate it!
Everyone handles it differently. I think your boyfriend was hurt so he tried to hurt you in return, or something to that effect. Maybe he wanted to make you see what you were missing? I don't know, there are a number of different reasons he could have acted that way. But it really doesn't matter because you are together again, right?

I understand that you are a little nervous because they work together. I would be more worried if he wasn't honest with you, you know what I mean? He seems like a good guy who tried to keep himself busy to keep from hurting (for lack of a better way of putting it). She can like him all she wants but he is coming home to you. Jealousy can be a terrible thing, and we have all been guilty of it. When you feel it creeping up just try to rationalize the situation. You've got him!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #11
(female)

oranges85 HB User

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

Quote:
he was messaging her telling her that he was attracted to her and didnt want to loose her.
Ohhhh no. Did you mention this to us earlier? I don't recall reading it. Anyway you do need to find out what that msg was about. Even though he has not done anything thus far, as far as you know, this kinda msging is way uncalled for. Not sure why he would say that crap to her. He can find other things to say to remain civil for work rather then "im attracted to you and i don't wanna lose you". Thats major BS!

*jumps off of soapbox*

Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
(female)

oranges85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel247 View Post
Ohhhh no. Did you mention this to us earlier? I don't recall reading it. Anyway you do need to find out what that msg was about. Even though he has not done anything thus far, as far as you know, this kinda msging is way uncalled for. Not sure why he would say that crap to her. He can find other things to say to remain civil for work rather then "im attracted to you and i don't wanna lose you". Thats major BS!

*jumps off of soapbox*

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

k. so after you guys were done with your "breaks"..which i take it is after the movie and texting..he told her to leave him alone. so from the time he told her to lv him alone till today..has he been texting her the same or did she lv him alone and now they are just co-workers? i've re-read the thread but its hard to follow the dates. i can see where you would be concerned back in Nov and maybe Dec. if it is bothering you that much then just ask him if he had a relationship or "relations" with her during your break. if he says no then you need to drop it and let it go. even if he said yes you have to let it go because it was during a time you were not together. but for your own pc of mind just ask him and get it over with. but be ready to smooth things over asap if he says no. cause if he's not guilty of anything he's gonna be ill that you keep hounding him over it. especially if he has stopped the texting and just has a co-worker relationship going on since back in Nov. anyway...i'm confused on the dates...

Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #15
(female)

oranges85 HB User

wanted to delete post

Last edited by oranges85; 09-24-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Closed Thread