It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

DitoDupe HB User
Question Is he shrugging me off?

So I am getting over the ex and recently met a new guy. I am not taking things very seriously with the new guy nor am I hoping a relationship will develop but we have been talking every day for about 2 1/2 weeks now. He calls all the time and texts me all the time. Now on Friday night we got together with a bunch of friends and we vertually spent the whole night together. Well Saturday morning he calls me and tells me he wasn't happy about the fact that a) i told him that we were not a couple and b) that I went home with my guy friend who was the one that I went to the club with to begin with ( he is a coworker and just a friend). Well, I told him that we are not bf and gf during our phone conversation and told him that he knew I just ended a relationship. Well he seemed to get over it. Then comes Sunday he doesn't call all day. I finally send him a text and he calls me a while later. Then tells me he is going to sleep and he will call me when he wakes up. Well he called like 4 hours later. Then tells me he is going to eat and will call me when he is done. Well he hasn't called since. I sent him a text and haven't gotten a reply. Granted he is in Key West with his family that is visiting from up north but it seems to me like he might be shrugging me off. It's sad bc I think he is sweet but I just wanted to have fun. Not looking for anything serious just yet. But I was leaving the option open.

Does it seem like he is shrugging me off? Should I try to call or just let it be? Or am I just over exagerating?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Is he shrugging me off?

sounds like he's giving you what you asked for.......
no strings.....
he's on vacation with his family, I'd wait and see what happens when he gets back.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bricely HB User

you can't blame him you straight out told him that you guys are not a couple so now his not trying to be with you with you anymore his letting you do your think i wouldn't be suprised if he lost interest and just doing his own thing now

Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

He's probably just busy with his family..

or he could be thinking, "if I'm not her boyfriend, then why do I need to 'check in?'"

Let him enjoy vacation... see what happens when he gets back.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

It was obvious that this guy believed that you were moving straight in the direction of soon becoming a couple...a guy would not spend so much time talking to you and texting you every single day if he didn't believe he was "in."

So now it seems he HAS finally gotten the message and is backing off a bit. You can't take that personally. If you are not really into him, if you're not crazy over him then you need to let him go. I know you want to have him as a friend and someone to have fun with, but when somebody really likes you they don't want to just be a buddy. I know you were honest with this guy from the get-go, and he should have listened.

This is why you can't really have just a friendship with somebody when they are really interested in you romantically. Sucks...but that's how it is.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tarheel247 HB User

good points from the pp's. so now you need to make sure you don't want anything more then his friendship before he gets too far to turn back. if you think there's a chance he could be good bf material then you need to go for it. we all know there's not too many good ones left in the sea...

Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
(female)

DitoDupe HB User

Lol turns out he went scuba diving with his phone in his shorts under the wet suit... he called last night from another phone.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Okay, haha. Still - be careful with this guy. You know he really likes you, so you have to decide how you feel and not lead him on.

Closed Thread