Originally Posted by jen52983
My boyfriend, of about 1 and a half years, and I will be moving into an apartment together in about two weeks. Any words of wisdom or advice!?!?
First of all, good luck and ... a lot of patience
! Patience is even more important than luck.
I can think of a few things to say, but mostly you will only discover the "blind spots" in your relationship along the way, and only then you will know what to do.
Anyway, basically, here are some points to be remembered by the two of you:
1. Be polite to each other. Say thanks, sorry, please... when appropriate.
2. Keep your privacy and personal space.
3. Share chores.
4. Maintain your appearance and health.
5. Do things together.
6. Work toward a common goal (first find one, of course).
7. Avoid nagging and complaining.
8. Have a routine, but make it flexible.
9. Accept that life is made of ups and downs. Nobody can be happy 100% of the time.
Best to you.