It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User
breaking up with no reason?

Why would a girl of 6 years, and being engaged, just wake up and say ''i just dont think it will ever work out'' then you ask them why, and they say ''i dont know'' What does that mean>? your going to walk away from a 6 year relationship and not know why? What does that mean ladies?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
(female)

jennie250 HB User
Re: breaking up with no reason?

I think she is probably scared to tell you the truth, or isn't ready for marriage, or met someone else. Or maybe there is no reason, she just fell out of love. Hard to know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie250 View Post
I think she is probably scared to tell you the truth, or isn't ready for marriage, or met someone else. Or maybe there is no reason, she just fell out of love. Hard to know.
we broke off engagement like after 3 months, i know there is no guy involved. but its very tough living in boston and her in west virginia, Gosh, its soo tough, look at my posts its a mess!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

there was a reason, whether you're aware of it or not.....
she probably didn't want to be in a long distance relationship.....I know I wouldn't

Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

That is one of the most interesting things about women that guys just dont seem to get. They see it as all the sudden everything is over. While women on the other hand tend to see it coming and are aware the end is coming. We see the problem isnt getting solved or we arent being heard so we tend to start shutting down and quietly make arrangements to end the relationships either mentally or physically.
Chances are she knows why she ended it she is just either not telling you or you stopped hearing her. If she isnt telling you then she has reason for that.
Best thing to do is to drop it and focus on yourself now. Allow yourself to grieve over the lost relationship but also start looking at things to keep you busy. But you need to just move on not into dating or anything like that but just move on with your life.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
there was a reason, whether you're aware of it or not.....
she probably didn't want to be in a long distance relationship.....I know I wouldn't
It wasnt a long distance relationship, she was living here, then i moved down there and was living with her, but i dont get why, 2 days before i left down there in sept, She sent me a text reading ''i guessi will 2 live with my decision. I just hope that you will find someone that will treat you better than i did. Sorry i had more to say than i thought'' then she sent another one right after saying ''i just wanted to say that im going 2 miss you when you leave and that im sorry that i made such a fast decision 2 end things without trying 2 work on it first..Then the night before i left we did everything sexual? What does all that mean? But she has told people she wanted to end it years ago i just dont get it? you would have found a way of ending it years ago, and never would have got engaged and even moved up here!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff9600 View Post
That is one of the most interesting things about women that guys just dont seem to get. They see it as all the sudden everything is over. While women on the other hand tend to see it coming and are aware the end is coming. We see the problem isnt getting solved or we arent being heard so we tend to start shutting down and quietly make arrangements to end the relationships either mentally or physically.
Chances are she knows why she ended it she is just either not telling you or you stopped hearing her. If she isnt telling you then she has reason for that.
Best thing to do is to drop it and focus on yourself now. Allow yourself to grieve over the lost relationship but also start looking at things to keep you busy. But you need to just move on not into dating or anything like that but just move on with your life.
i know the situation is soo weird, like i mentioned to rose, why would she send me the text 2days before i left, and even did everything sexual the night before i left? I mean 6 years is a long time to just end it, based over communication, she does things fast without thinking sometime, So hopefully she is taking this time to really think everything over, but or maybe she thinks its truly over..

Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

she probably wanted one last fling.....stop obcessing

Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

You've got to stop obsessing eric! Whether you are aware of her reasons or not, trust me, she had them. It doesn't matter anymore "why she broke up" with you. All that matters is she did and you need to accept it.

I'm sorry if I sound cruel, but honestly, it doesn't matter how many different ways you post your questions about your ex, the conclusion will always be the same. She ended it, she told you to move on, and now that is what you need to do. Stop torturing yourself!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
(female)

ash519 HB User

Eric...You have so many of the same threads on here. Here is the breakdown...She left you. It doesnt matter why. If she wanted to be your girlfriend she would be...but she chose not to be. It doesnt matter if it was due to lack of love, for someone else, or a need for freedom. My guess? She didnt love you like THAT! She loved you more as a friend than anything else which is why she said it is hard for her.

As for her depression...it is not up to you to get her help.

Focus on yourself and stop asking "Why????" It doesnt matter.

My bf of 2.5 years and I broke up. I think the night before he may have cheated on me. It doesnt matter if he did or didnt anymore! I cant sit here and ask myself "what if he did" because it would be torturous and when it all boils down...does it matter?

You shouldnt want to be with someone who doesnt want to be with you.

Think of it as her loss.

Move on.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom28 View Post
You've got to stop obsessing eric! Whether you are aware of her reasons or not, trust me, she had them. It doesn't matter anymore "why she broke up" with you. All that matters is she did and you need to accept it.

I'm sorry if I sound cruel, but honestly, it doesn't matter how many different ways you post your questions about your ex, the conclusion will always be the same. She ended it, she told you to move on, and now that is what you need to do. Stop torturing yourself!
I hear ya, its tough, not easy, some days are better than others, but we'll make it, i know im a pain in the butt, but sometimes i vent, and i ask my self what in the world did i do wrong, and i cant think of anything other than communication! Heartbreak is tough!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash519 View Post
Eric...You have so many of the same threads on here. Here is the breakdown...She left you. It doesnt matter why. If she wanted to be your girlfriend she would be...but she chose not to be. It doesnt matter if it was due to lack of love, for someone else, or a need for freedom. My guess? She didnt love you like THAT! She loved you more as a friend than anything else which is why she said it is hard for her.

As for her depression...it is not up to you to get her help.

Focus on yourself and stop asking "Why????" It doesnt matter.

My bf of 2.5 years and I broke up. I think the night before he may have cheated on me. It doesnt matter if he did or didnt anymore! I cant sit here and ask myself "what if he did" because it would be torturous and when it all boils down...does it matter?

You shouldnt want to be with someone who doesnt want to be with you.

Think of it as her loss.

Move on.

Hey thanks yes i know its hard to believe, and its very true about everything you said, and i appreciate it, very much, Luckily, There isnt anything she can bag me on because i was a nice guy, who treated her as well as can be and always trusted each other, but lacked communication, i think we both fel into a comfort trap, and couldnt get out of it, but your right he more i dwell the worse it is haha, but it'll take some time, like i said, im a strong guy, i can make it, she'll realize some day she lost out on a good man, but maybe not, of course everybody hears one side of the story and its very tough, and about the depression nobody can make anybody do that, and you are right, do i truly want all this baggage of her making me look like a crazy man, with her sending my info and feelings out, im sure i already seem like a nut on here, lol, but its not bad, some day i will hear from her, but i cant sit and wait, and hopefully some day i will get my closure, Luckily we had no cheating involved Which is good, but thanks for the support!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric24;3295***
I hear ya, its tough, not easy, some days are better than others, but we'll make it, i know im a pain in the butt, but sometimes i vent, and i ask my self what in the world did i do wrong, and i cant think of anything other than communication! Heartbreak is tough!
who said you did ANYTHING wrong?
sometimes things just don't work out.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
your right, haha thats true, but thats life, i'll make it give me time, haha, and see where it takes me, kind of odd that she wants to be friends after all this mess, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right

Old 11-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

eric24 HB User

Quote:
i could totally be her friend 100% and move on, thats the gods truth, if she just gave me the closure i needed like i said, even my family down there who is close to her is very shocked about the whole situation, she still has guilt! or she couldnt cry thinking my family doesnt like her, because if that was the case she wouldnt care, she told my brothers girlfriend she feels like she owes me an apology for whAt?

Closed Thread