It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User
What's a good "I've moved on" song?

What would you recommend for a good "I've moved on" type of song, one that isn't sappy, but one that is kinda "in your face", strong, proud, like?

If you have one, the artist and the song title would be great. Male or female, either one. Thanks!

Last edited by EDC_Light; 12-20-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

XRoseTylerX HB User
Re: What's a good "I've moved on" song?

Right about the time I decided to get on with my life by getting over my ex and giving my now hubby a chance, the song "I'm Moving On" by Rascal Flatts came out. It's not really sappy, but it is a ballad, kind of haunting, with lines like this that really got to me: "I've lived in this place and I know all these faces, each one is different, yet they're always the same, they mean me no harm, but it's time that I face it, they'll never allow me to change-- I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong" That was MY SONG. Every word pretty much summed up what was happening in my life, stagnating in Party-University-Town USA, hung up with an ex who clearly had me backburnered, and knowing that my now hubby was deeply in love with me, and it was time to grow up. It facilitated me deciding to give him a shot, falling in love getting married and moving 1,000 miles away.

"There comes a time in everyone's life where all you can see are the years passing by, and I have made up my mind that those days are gone."

Look it up- even if you aren't a country fan, it's a really good song.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

I always loved that Alanis Morisette song "You Outta Know". Although I'm not so sure it's an "I moved on" song as much as it is "I'm in your face and not going to let you forget the hurt you caused me" kind of song. I still like it though. That came out right around the time my high school boyfriend broke up with me for his friend's girlfriend's friend. They didn't last too long and we still remained friends (if you can believe it!!!) and that song always made me feel better.

Oh, then there's "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon. A little before my time but I loooooove that song.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

yeah, You outta Know is a GOOD one!! I sang that at the top of my lungs at least twice a day for two weeks after my break up and it did make me feel better, got rid of a lot of that initial rage. Also, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor is a classic, and You'll Think Of Me by Keith Urban I think qualifies, too.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User

"back where we started" by tina dico. not so much in your face, slow but NOT sappy, and definitely feel good, .

Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
(female)

XRoseTylerX HB User

"You'll Think of Me" is a good one!

Also, one that my mirror and hairbrush have heard a few times is "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt. That's the one you pull out when you realize the guy that everybody warned you about was a lying, cheating, mooching sleaze ball is actually a lying, cheating, mooching sleaze ball!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #7
(male)

Veldan HB User

"Move along" - All american rejects. I love this song

Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
(female)

Stillsearching HB User

Try listening to "That's Right" by Ciara.

If you're not into hip-hop, it may be too much for you, but the lyrics sure tells "the guy", "hey, this time, I'm thinking about me... I'm going to go out with my friends, you can't tell me what to do anymore, you can't ask me where I am, who I'm with and when I'll be home, because I'm going out to be selfish and go out and have fun".

The song's a little loud because of Lil' John (sp?) but the message comes through clear.

I like playing this song loud in my car on the freeway with my windows rolled up so I can hear it and it's a fun dance-like song.

I hope you're having a good evening.

Edit:

Oooppss, I just read that you're a male. I guess this song can also be for a man... I'm thinking about the lyrics and it's not specific of the gender. But a girl sings it though.

Last edited by Stillsearching; 12-20-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added more info

Old 12-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #9
(female)

mangoes HB User

strong enough by cher
cold as ice by foreigner
my way by limp bizkit

my way probably isnt a "ive moved on song" but its a good song when u have been arguing with someone. ill do it my way, if u dont like it then too bad, lol. the lyrics are like, someday you will see it my way. one more fight and you will be history and you will be the one left missing me.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoseTylerX View Post
"You'll Think of Me" is a good one!

Also, one that my mirror and hairbrush have heard a few times is "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt. That's the one you pull out when you realize the guy that everybody warned you about was a lying, cheating, mooching sleaze ball is actually a lying, cheating, mooching sleaze ball!
Who wrote "You'll Think of Me"?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDC_Light;335***1
Who wrote "You'll Think of Me"?
As I mentioned in my earlier post, Keith Urban.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Oh, . . . . . .oops!

Thanks.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #13
(female)

Rainbowbrite77 HB User

Never Again - Kelly Clarkson... Singing it at the top of your lungs is amazing.

Over You - Daughtry. Good song. The Chorus says it all...
Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.

I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace

Last edited by Rainbowbrite77; 12-21-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Laylah HB User

The absolute best 'moving on' song I've ever heard in my natural life is 'You can go your own way' by Fleetwood Mac. You cant beat it. I play it when the craps hit the fan in my relationship and I'm just thinking about moving on - I find it puts me in a good mood!

Old 12-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

The song from Daughtry, "Over You" is awesome. It isn't a mirror image of what happened to me, but several aspects of it are. I added it as the song form my ******* page.

Closed Thread