It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

josie1980 HB User
29 and never been kissed....

I guys this is a question for the guys-

Would a guy think it is weird if a girl who was 29 never kissed someone before? And when you kissed her would you be able to tell that she has never kissed anybody before? It all comes from insecurities, no self confidence, and normal awkward teenager things that everyone goes through but you still feel like that, as to why I have never kissed anyone. I am way to shy around guys. People tell me that I am pretty and I have had a couple guys show interest but they were either to weird ( old creepy guy) or I was way to nervous and awkward. Enough babbling, any thoughts?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User
Re: 29 and never been kissed....

I don't see why you would even need to bring it up unless it came up somehow in passing. I wouldn't meet someone and say "by the way, I'm 29 and have never kissed anyone", as obviously some guys might wonder what the deal is or if there is some issue involved. I personally don't think it would be an issue at all though if the person really liked you, it wouldn't be for me.

Just be yourself, usually the other person feels just as nervous as you when first meeting so remember that. Everyone moves at their own pace, so don't feel weird that you haven't kissed anyone. There's tons of posts on these boards about people who are in their 30's and never had a relationship, or about people who marry the first person they ever dated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

mano2008 HB User

I think most guys would find that to be a really nice thing...not many girls save themselves any more, and no, he won't know you've never been kissed if you don't tell him. It will come natural when the time is right...and you can always watch a few trashy romance movies for tips if you feel the need. I'd say somebodys going to be very lucky...Maybe you need to get yourself around more nice respectable guys, like through church or social clubs...Places where nice guys hang out. Good luck!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User

i don't think it matters. the first time i kissed someone it felt like something i'd been doing for a while; completely natural. unfortunately some people will think that it is a bit weird for you to be in this situation. society is obsessed with the concept of "normal" and isn't comfortable unless they can stereotype and pre-define you without even knowing anything about you. just don't let that get to you. you're still "normal".

Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Hey, it happens. I was almost 31 when I had my first kiss. I confess, I didn't much like it, but I was seeing this new guy, we had four dates and he hadn't touched me at all. I was expecting us to sort of work our way up, but he went from not even a goodbye peck to cleaning my tonsils. It took some getting used to, but we both relaxed after a little while. I think you just have to work on accepting that part of yourself. No one else will accept it if you don't. It's ok. You can't go back in time and get more experience anyway. but don't be eager to kiss just any old bloke who comes around. Find someone nice, someone you can trust, someone you feel comfortable with, and it won't seem so strange. It might take a little getting used to, but that's ok. You're just a bit of a late bloomer, that's all.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
(male)

Crazymotorbiker HB User

Hey,

It will happen and when it does it just happens naturally.

I'm like you i have no self confidence. Then one day i thought sod it, what does it matter what people think about me, i am who i am and i like it!

So i got out there, i went to clubs, bars etc and just danced the night away. You will find that these places are not just full of one night stands, there are alot of nice, decent people out to have a laugh. Get talking get dancing, and just smile and relax. Most of all have fun.

Social clubs are good too. I started Jujitsu soon after breaking up with my ex. I was quite then i came out of my shell. It teaches you how to interact with people.

Don't worry about it tho. The more you think about gettting a BF or just a kiss the more desperate you appear. And from your description you you have nothing to be desperate about, just belive in yourself!

Shaun.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
(female)

ssjup81 HB User

I can relate to the originator of this topic. I've been in the situation, though I'm a bit younger. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 25...and I'm 26 now. lol

I was self conscious about that since kissing isn't something I know how to do and felt funny about it and awkward when I finally did. I just thought I was a bad kisser and still do feel this way.

Seems that people in their 20s who have never had sex or never kissed is a rarity...I fit the former.

That aside, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-23-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Closed Thread