It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

DitoDupe HB User
Exclamation My boss just told me he likes me!?!?!

Well now I have even more drama to add to my story. So I have been trying to stay away from my ex bc of everything going on and haven't spoken to him for a few days. (see post he's being a jerk again) I just got a new job a few months ago across town and I got along great with my new boss. We have a very good work relationship and we also talk as friends. His gf was the receptionist at the office and her parents work there too. I get along with all of them. I have mention parts of my situation with my ex to my boss once or twice but nothing detailed. He has also confided in me about his problems with his gf. They are pretty much always at odds. Well turns out that from talking every now and then on the floor mainly at midnight when Im ready to get off work (to always ask for some numbers I need for daily reports) to every day after work for 1hr to 2hrs. I kind of felt like I was beginning to like him but I know that's just asking for trouble so I never paid attention to it. Turns out that it seems like someone in the office really dislikes my boss and they sent a letter to HR complaining about him. There just happened to be a small section where they talked about me and how we flirt all the time. Which in my eyes never happened! Well we went out with a couple of coworkers the night of the letter and we kind of put it behind us. When everyone said good bye I asked him to wait a second because I wanted to ask him if I had anything to worry about bc of the letter. He said no. I went to give him a hug good bye like I usually do and this time he leaned forward and kissed me. Thing is I kissed him back. That lasted for two hours. Once I left he called me and I was freaking out... I told him that it was stupid and blah blah and he said that this had been coming for a long time and that we both knew it and that he feels like we are so similar that he couldn't help it but that he has kept quite about it for 2 months bc he knew that we were both in very difficult situations by both being coworkers and having relationship issues of our own. He told me that he is not sure about what is happening with his "gf" but that he doesn't think he wants to be with her anymore. I told him that it doesn't matter to me bc I couldn't be anything but his employee. (We are both in high positions in the company but he is the big boss). Next day when I walked in he was there. I tried to ignore him but then I had to ask him about something and we went into the office where he proceeded to kiss me again. Now we talk all the time on the phone but I feel like this is just trouble. He assures me that our personal life shouldn't interfere with our work and that he wants to take things slow but I just don't know. I mean I can tell from when his gf worked there that they are just not going to make it. It seems like they are just holding on so that they aren't alone for the holidays. In a way I feel like I do like him but maybe it's just bc of how much drama I go through with my ex and he is the exact opposite. He has always been extremely supportive of me professionally and personally and is always kind and thoughtful. Or maybe I really do like him? I now find myself thinking of him constantly. There are already a few people at work that have told me that they think he likes me. Even before this happened and they think we would be good together. I just never ever thought of dating a coworker... much less my boss!

Should I see what happens or should I do what I think is the 'correct' thing and end things before they even begin? How do I do it without making it akward for both of us?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
(male)

OpenMind HB User
Re: My boss just told me he likes me!?!?!

Well theres no way to make it not akward now that you have given into kissing him and all, im not saying dont be with him, but search through your feelings and find out what you really want, if its not him dont feel pressured to have to be with him, tell him how you feel and end things there, leave it at that, and if he proceeds to blow things out of proportion im sorry to say it but it might be time to leave the job, however i cant even imagine having to sacrafice a career position especially a advanced one like yours for somthing so ridiculous, but thats the problems that occur with work related relationships.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

If he still has a girlfriend, I would definetely wait until he officially breaks up with her before you get any more involved with him, should you decide to.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JulJul22 HB User

Too much drama. You already have enough things to worry about right now and another man should not be one of them. Does this man try to date every woman that works in the office? Lol I know that every situation is different but I dated one of my bosses before and it didn’t turn out as I expected it. I found out that he was also dating a woman in the accounting office. Horrified and humiliated, I blew up on him at work. I already closed shop so no customers or anything but security caught us on camera and fired me and demoted him. Needles to say, that woman in the accounting was my sister and now they are engaged. See how f****d up men can be. Lol

Old 12-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

grayblue HB User

I can understand what you are going through. You just went through a bad relationship and now there is the possibility of starting over with someone new and it is exciting!
However, I've been there where I dated my boss and in the beginning it was amazing, even the secrecy of the whole thing (by company rules we weren't even supposed to be friends) was exciting.
But as the relationship grew and we became more serious, things started changing and we started talking about work problems at home and home problems started influencing how we handled things with each other at work. The secrecy became agony because we could barely talk to each other in front of other people for fear that we might say something to clue them in.
Needless to say, it came to the point that we couldn't stand the situation anymore. I transfered to another location that was opening up (not too far) and we tried to work it out that way but after a while that didn't work out either.
I know it is just my experience, and we were together for about a year, so it wasn't so bad. But at times it came to a choice between the job and the relationship and it was really difficult. If you really like the guy and want to give it a shot be careful to separate personal life from business life. And make sure he is over that gf of his and she knows that. She is also a co-worker and if she knows that he is cheating on her with you, that will cause even more problems.
Step back and re-evaluate the relationship.

Closed Thread