It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User
Remember my voice problems? That i claimed to ruin me and my relationships.

I am finally getting it fixed.

This is just an update to anyone who remembers.

If anyone actually does remember i can give a full update on why my voice is this way and what will be changed.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User
Re: Remember my voice problems? That i claimed to ruin me and my relationships.

good for you. Self-improvement is never a bad thing.

Don't have the illusion, though, that it will solve all your problems. You will still have to work at adjusting to your newfound self-esteem, and it will be hard to get used to approaching people and not cringing at the thought of what is going to come out of your mouth. It's sort of like people who lose a lot of weight, they think that being thin will make their lives better instantly--truth is, you yourself have to make it better.

I"m really happy for you. Here's to a fantastic future!

what's going on with your relationship with that girl you were with in your past posts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer 77 View Post
I am finally getting it fixed.

This is just an update to anyone who remembers.

If anyone actually does remember i can give a full update on why my voice is this way and what will be changed.
Good going, Lazer...I would be interested in an update. Sera

Old 03-02-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

I went to a doctor that specializes in throats. He stuck a camera up my nose and down my throat to look at my larynx (i think thats it, the "voice box"), and he said i have a normal adult voice box. But its really irritated, and he is saying i have a disorder thats very similar to acid reflux (but not acid reflux), but on a much smaller scale. So all the time, every minute of the day i have a very small trace of stomach acids coming up from my stomach. As a defense, my body tightened up my voice box, so the acids wouldnt come through to my throat.

Through the camera he asked me to speak in my "normal" voice, and he showed me that only the lower half of my voice box would open, and when i talked in a low voice, the entire muscle would open normally. He said when i was 12 or 13 (or whenever my voice changes), the acid would come up and irritate my throat, so my voice box tightened itself, and i never mentally learned how to use my voice properly. He said its like i had the symptoms of laryngitis for the past 9 or 10 years, because its very pink, and only half of it works, which gives off a high pitched voice.

So now i am on something to reduce the acid reflux, and in a week or so i start speech therapy to "rewire" my brain to use my low voice normally.

I would have never guessed it was my stomach, and im on the road to fixing it. Im going through a bit of a depression though, this is all so sudden, and i just dont believe that i am finally fixing it. Afterward i will have to explain to everyone, that my voice changed, ill have to answer it 100 times, at least.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

That is excellent, Lazer. It would be nice if all our problems would be as easily solved, wouldn't it? Best of luck with your new voice. Sera

Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Hi Lazer!

I think it's wonderful that you went to a doctor and got all the information you did. I hope everything works out the way it should.

Closed Thread