It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

m1e1b1s1 HB User
ANY DADS ON BOARD??? I need some insight here :-)

I posted this separately....but I'm hoping to get some advise from dads who have been there.....please :-) I don't understand "dads" minds!!!

My 17 YO daughter met a kid, he seems nice, I know some of his family...they are "officially seeing each other". She's 17, will be 18 in a few months...he's 19 and graduated last year.

My husband just can't grasp it...he feels that the boy, since he graduated, should be 'getting his life together" not dating a 17 yo...but they are only like 18 months apart, so I'm trying to think of it as...what if she were 16 and he 18? What if she were a sophomore in HS, and he a senior, and they dated then he graduated...

Moms....how do I deal with this? I can't have them, her, in my sight all of the time....however I dont' want to discourage it completely, I don't want her sneaking or rebelling and I know SO Many who dated in HS, and got married......they are fine, then the others who don't work out.......I'm just lost here people!

help, help, help, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: ANY DADS ON BOARD??? I need some insight here :-)

I really cannot see a problem here. What are you worried will happen? It all sounds like a perfectly normal boy-girl relationship. Girls are often that bit more mature for their age than boys, so this age difference is nothing. They are probably very compatible. You know his people, so let them be. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread