It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

dacoga19 HB User
Is it really in his kiss, if he's in love with you?

I'm 20 years old, and I have this boyfriend I've been seeing for 2 months. We haven't agreed to be serious or anything.

But, I have a brother who's almost like a twin brother to me because he's only 11 months older than me, my poor mom, lol.

Anyway, I've seen my brother go through a few girlfriends. I've only seen him really kiss, and I mean kiss them like he means it, if he's extremely in love with a girl. That's the only time I've seen him kiss them like he really means it. (I know he does in front of me, yuck)

My point is, my new bofriend kisses me like that. So does that mean he's really, really in love with me and hasn't told me, or not?

Guys, do you really, really kiss, I mean really get into it, only if you're in love with a girl? Or not?

We've all heard that older Cher song, "It's in His Kiss". Help me with this, is it true?

Last edited by dacoga19; 05-26-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #2
(female)

___vintaqe HB User
Re: Is it really in his kiss, if he's in love with you?

I'm not a guy but, I can surely tell you .. there is a difference in the way a man kisses you when he LOVES you, or when he is in LUST with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dynobot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoga19 View Post

Guys, do you really, really kiss, I mean really get into it, only if you're in love with a girl? Or not?

We've all heard that older Cher song, "It's in His Kiss". Help me with this, is it true?
No, Not True....I am a man who has been in love and in lust, the kiss of passion is the same. Only difference is the person who wants love feels love in my kiss while the person who wants passion feels passion.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Purely physical attraction is the easiest thing in the world for a guy to do, but for women, there's a lot more emotion and feelings involved. So, I wouldn't trust the way he kisses you to be your answer. I would instead notice how he treats you, whether or not he is respectful and caring and helpful, etc. If he treats you really well and if he makes you happy and doesn't make you feel like crap (like so many of these other women who post on here), then there's your answer. But don't listen to Cher, she's totally full of it.

Bottom line is that a guy can be very physically attracted to a woman but have no feelings for her otherwise. That's why it's a lot easier for a guy to handle a friends with benefits situation, because he doesn't get emotionally involved with a woman the way a woman does after sleeping with a guy.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
(female)

dacoga19 HB User

You're saying you can be insanely attracted to a girl, and that doesn't make you fall in love at all? Your level of attraction has nothing at all to do with love?

How do I explain what I've seen with my brother? He doesn't go around kissing girls he's only physically attracted to like that, unless it's behind closed doors because I don't see it. And I'm not in love, not yet. I was just wondering if he was. He also smiles at me a lot and it looks like a love smile.

What's the difference between the love kiss and the passion kiss?

Can you give me some indicators of a guy who's in love?

Last edited by dacoga19; 05-27-2008 at 05:06 AM.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
You're saying you can be insanely attracted to a girl, and that doesn't make you fall in love at all? Your level of attraction has nothing at all to do with love?

How do I explain what I've seen with my brother? He doesn't go around kissing girls he's only physically attracted to like that, unless it's behind closed doors because I don't see it. And I'm not in love, not yet. I was just wondering if he was. He also smiles at me a lot and it looks like a love smile.

First of all, I must say your post made me feel old!! LOL Cher's "old" version of the Shoop Shoop song actuall was a remake of a hit that came out around the time I was born in the mid 1960s by a singer named Betty Everett. BUT...I digress...

It is just a song, after all. I think many men are different. Some men can't kiss a girl passionately if he's not in love with her, some men can feel nothing at all but simple, primal animal attraction and kiss her very passionately. The truth is, you CAN'T really tell if a man truly loves you just by how he kisses you. The most important thing to pay attention to is how he TREATS you. Does he call when he says he will? Does he keep his promises? Is he NOT ok with disappointing you? Does he care when you get mad? Does he treat you with respect and honor? Does he tell you the truth or does he lie, for any reason? Does he do what he says he will, when he says he will? Does he make you a priority? These are the things that are most important when trying to determine whether a man loves you or not.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

As I've already posted, your best indicator of whether or not a guy is in love with you is how he treats you. It's the little things that make you feel like he really cares about you that matter. You really can't tell just by how he kisses you, that really has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure where you got that idea, but it really doesn't have anything to do with it. As you get older, you'll understand this concept.

It almost sounds as if you're worried that he feels more strongly about you than you do about him, is that why you're asking?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Physical attraction has nothing to do with love. Like Kszan said, it's in his treatment of you.

I've had great sex with a guy who really had no feelings for me whatsoever. I know that now because of how I was last on his list of things (work, friends, etc.). Being young I thought he must love me, or at least like me, but no. The moment he found a girl he did like I was yesterday's news.

So it is more about how he treats you. Does he make the effort to make you feel special? Does he respect you and your opinions?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #9
(female)

dacoga19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
As I've already posted, your best indicator of whether or not a guy is in love with you is how he treats you. It's the little things that make you feel like he really cares about you that matter. You really can't tell just by how he kisses you, that really has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure where you got that idea, but it really doesn't have anything to do with it. As you get older, you'll understand this concept.

It almost sounds as if you're worried that he feels more strongly about you than you do about him, is that why you're asking?
Yes, I think he's in love with me. He may not be, but I think he is. He's made comments, like "you have the cutest little nose". I've had another guy make the same comment to me who was in love with me. And he said it early on, just like this one. And the way he smiles at me makes me think so too.

Last edited by dacoga19; 05-27-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
(female)

dacoga19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom28 View Post
Physical attraction has nothing to do with love. Like Kszan said, it's in his treatment of you.

I've had great sex with a guy who really had no feelings for me whatsoever. I know that now because of how I was last on his list of things (work, friends, etc.). Being young I thought he must love me, or at least like me, but no. The moment he found a girl he did like I was yesterday's news.

So it is more about how he treats you. Does he make the effort to make you feel special? Does he respect you and your opinions?
I totally understand what you're saying. I had a guy like that years ago, but didn't sleep with him even though he tried to get me too, and I got rid of him fast. I was too young to just "see" a guy. He did kiss me a lot, but it was only when he thought he was going to get sex at the time he was kissing me. I just feel like I have an inside scoop on guys because of my brother. I know he's not all guys. Maybe I see him kiss the "in love" girls because he kisses them with no sex involved. Naturally, I wouldn't see the others, yuck, lol.

I guess what I'm looking for are the early indicators of love, when a guy doesn't want to admit it. Or even if the guy himself doesn't know it yet. I'm not really looking for after the relationship is serious.

Do guys kiss girls passionately just to kiss them, even when there's not immediate sex happening, if it's not love?

Last edited by dacoga19; 05-27-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
Do guys kiss girls passionately just to kiss them, even when there's not immediate sex happening, if it's not love?
Some do, sure. Why not?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #12
(female)

dacoga19 HB User

Ok, what about the "you have the cutest little nose" comment?

It's the same comment early on made by another guy who was in love with me. ??

Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:

Again, I think it's a mistake to put too much stock in the "sweet nothings" like that. the only thing that really matters is how he treats you and how you feel around him. I knew a man who supposedly was "hot" for me and gushed over how beautiful, talented and such I was, blah blah blah. But he never followed through on his word, didn't really listen to me when I talked, broke important promises to me, etc. So not only did he never have any real "love" for me, he wasn't even what I could honestly call any kind of real friend. It's not in the kiss, it's not in the sweet nothings. How good a friend is he? That's where it's at.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Quote:

Just because one guy meant it one way doesn't necessarily mean the next guy will mean it that way. Does that make sense?

It's so hard to find any clear cut indicator of love because every guy is different. How one guy shows is affection could be completely different than the next.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Dynobot HB User

Quote:

Love and Sex are two different things.....so please dont confuse a man who wants and enjoys sex with you as him loving you.....this is the worlds greatest problem I think. People confuse sex with love or substitute love for sex.

I am physically attracted to Janet Jackson and would probably kiss her like there is no tomorrow if given the chance but I dont love her....I dont even know her.....

Closed Thread