It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
(male)

IMWandering HB User
Question Need Advice On Contents Of Letter

`Hello,

I need the opinion of unbiased people.

I recently found a letter written by my wife's close girlfriend to her. QUOTE: "Last night was wonderful. But next time, let's leave out the snake. Did I tell you I was afraid of snakes?"

I assumed this implied a lesbian experience. When I brought it up, I was told that it was a joke and all my wife's family / friends feel I am ridiculous for taking it seriously. Then again, they're on her side all the time.

What would you think if you found such a letter?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User
Re: Need Advice On Contents Of Letter

Well, I cannot tell you for sure whether it was a joke since I do not know your wife, but, being a female I can honestly tell you that we joke around with our close girlfriends that way. My BBF and I text each other goofy things like that and joke around, for example I was in a store OOT and saw a CD called Lesbian Love Songs, it cracked me up, so I took a picture of the CD case and pixed it to my BFF, saying I had gotten her an OOT gift. It was a JOKE And there has never been ANYTHING between us EVER, and there never will be. I wouldn't worry too much aboutit if everyone is telling you it was a joke. I hope this helped! Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

If I saw a letter like that, I would demand to see the snake and make sure it was OK with all this. LOL, this does sound like a joke between girl pals, and like the above poster, I have heard and done worse than this. Sera

Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

One of my best girlfriends got drunk one night & texted me that she thought I was hot. She definitely wasn't hitting on me, she was just letting me know she thought I was a hottie! I'd been going through some issues with the guy I was dating & didn't feel particularly hot, so she was trying to boost me up. We compliment each others bodies, things like that. I'm not bisexual or lesbian at all and neither are my friends. We just like to make each other feel better and on occasion, make each other laugh!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I would definately wonder and probably push her until I got an answer.....
something doesn't sound right......
my friends and I don't joke like that.....

Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

Sounds suspicious to me too!

And why does her whole family and friends know about this...seems like a private matter to me!

I do know that the younger crowd (I don't know your age) has gotten this idea that two women together is not cheating. I mean if a woman is married and she has sex with another woman, they don't consider this to be cheating! I say that's crazy! Sex outside of a marriage is cheating...period! Unless you have an open marriage that is!

Last edited by BeaTrade; 07-16-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jozi209 HB User

sorry, i think its weird. and it sounds like your gut instinct is telling you something isn't right and it more than a joke letter.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

I joke with my friends too, but that is a little suspicious. And the fact that her family seems to know about this would bug me too. I thought some things in marriages were still considered private.

Yes, some women do seem to think that being with another woman isn't cheating. Maybe she thinks it's okay to experiment with a friend? I don't know, your gut is telling you something is up so I would trust that instinct because something seems off.

Closed Thread