It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

chiarrai777 HB User
how to deal with the anxiety of a break up

how to deal with the anxiety of a break up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: how to deal with the anxiety of a break up

Hi Chiarrai777 - re: how to deal wi anxiety of breakup?

Keep Busy!!! Your friends are you life lines. Talk to them. Force yourself to go places. Treat yourself to something you wouldn't normally do.... new clothes, a hot fudge sunday... a "day out wi. friends".

Join something, a class you're interested in. For me, it was "ballroom dancing" Could nevery get the boyfriend to go, but went as a single and met several new friends.

When my anxiety got overwhelming, I would just write, anything, what I was feeling. Or type it out. Not even look at what I was writing til I was done. Then go back and read it. one can learn a lot about oneself that way.

I also learned how to play pool pretty good. Met people that way too!

Good Luck.... You will find another! Sherbear38

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User

I agree! Start a journal! It can also be quite embarassing to go back and read years later but does give you a great outlet and new perspective on life! It's cheap therapy!

Mileena

Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

just move on and realize that you're better off without this person in your life.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
(female)

starissa HB User

keep busy. I agree friends are your life line. When me and my ex split my bestfriend who happens to be male invited me over for his nerd night with the guys from his work. We drank ate and played games all night. Was actually alot of fun. I also would take my dogs to the park and just watch em play with other dogs

Old 08-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dma11663 HB User

It is so hard, especially when you really care about someone. You do need to think about things but try not to let it take over and consume all of your thoughts. It is true that you should just move one and realize that you are better off w/o this person, but normally, it takes a little while.

Can you let us know more about the situation? How long you were together, why the break up happened?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
(female)

chiarrai777 HB User

Hello All & Thank you for the advise, encouragement & support. I was w/him on/off for almost 4 yrs. He was only seperated when I met him, his divorce wasn't even final. Has 2 kids. Lots of drama w/the ex and her boyfriend from the get go. He had to move back in w/his parents and had his kids 50% of the time. Just ALOT to it. Anyway, I was very involved and vocal which never went over well. I have also come to find that I am rather more insecure than I ever realized and I do the fight or flight thing. It's as much my fault as his. I did take off for the wknd w/my family. My little nephews made it a wonderful time. GREAT KIDS! He actually called while I was away. I was polite but have not called back as of yet since I have no idea what to do. The night before I left, he did not know I was going he said to leave him alone. No contact at all, ever. Now 2 days later it's I'm sorry I was so negative?!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

Wow we are in similar situations. I think when so much is going on, including all that baggage you really have to take things oneday at a time. Why did you break up this past time?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
(female)

chiarrai777 HB User

I felt like he was not appreciating all that I do and on vacation he was rather inattentive and that fed my insecurities and instead of talking it out I yelled, screamed and he took major offense and was very verbally abuse for close to a week. I'm extremely confused right now so I'm taking some time to myself to figure things out.

Closed Thread