It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
(male)

couger8345 HB User
Crazy Stuff

Hi,
My girlfriend and i live together and she has a duaghter 22 years old who lives on her own. I have been with her a handful of times and she allways seem to tell her mother something I'm doing wrong. My girlfriend will tell me what she said and I ask her what she thinks and she tells me her daughter is right. I ask her if what i did bothered her and she says no but still feels her daughter is right after thinking about it. The things she has picked on are so petty I'm embarrased to go into detail. It more or less is something about taking a larger chiar and should have given it to her mother. I'm twice as big as her mother! Taking some food after her mother was finished and eating it.They say she wasnt finished but i know she was. Asking if was ok to sit over here instead of over there and she found that spoiled? I did however drive her home from a wedding one night after having a few drinks. She cried to her mother how terrible she let me drink and drive. I felt terrible and told my girlfriend to please tell her daughter I was very sorry and did'nt want to set a bad example. What drove me crazy was not more than a month later she was in our house and she downed a bottle of wine just coming home from happy hour and drove home that way. My girlfriend says the reason i was wrong was that i took other people lives into my hands she only had her own to worry about?? Anyway it drives me crazy that she will defend her daughter no matter what even if(i know she knows the truth). She has after asking her many times say that I didnt know what she told her daughter but wont tell me.????? Ive asked her many times if she agrees with her daughter and she says YES!!!!!!!!!!
ANY ADVICE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: Crazy Stuff

ALL of those issues are exactly as you said...petty. Drinking and driving is the worst part, but then no one should do that and we have all been somewhat guilty of it after a glass of wine or so....I don't know how much you are invested in this....but why do you let these things the daughter says get to you? Ignore her. If you have to ask your G/F what was said by the daughter I am guessing that she isn't starting fights with you because of her daughters opinion and if you don't want to hear that she agrees with her then don't ask. I think you might be expecting to please the daughter, but that doesn't seem likely at this time.

I would just go on like I didnt know there any conflict and if your G/F brings it up then tell her until she has a legitimate problem with you then you will listen...otherwise keep it between the two of them.

If all this petty stuff is bothering you enough, maybe you should look for a new girlfriend who doesn't have a daughter who wants to put ideas in the moms head over nonsense.

Mileena

Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: Crazy Stuff

OH! One more thing....how is that your G/Fs daughter was only putting her own life in danger by drinking and driving? Was NO ONE else allowed on the road that night? I am assuming since it was only HER that road was closed off to the public then? Statistics show that people who are killed by drunk drivers are people on the road that have NO idea they are meeting a person drinking. At least if you are in the car with one you aren't shocked! THAT statement alone shows both of them are only wanting to be RIGHT at your expense. Don't play the game.

Mileena

Closed Thread