It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

rainsucks HB User
What is going on with me??

I figured a place where there's no bias and nobody is taking sides would be the best place to try and find out what is going on with me.
I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year now, wonderful man (most of the time). In the last couple of months however, I don't know what is going on with me but I feel like I need to know what he's doing, who he's calling, etc etc all the time. I have become a jealous person during the time I've been dating him, and its an outrageous jealousy ex. getting angry when he wants to hang out with his friends.
The reason I write is because...well... I realize I'm being "the crazy girlfriend." Thing is, this came out of the blue. I KNOW I'm not this person. I have never been jealous like this in the past. I've never been one to care about any of these things, but rather was too relaxed on all aspects in past relationships. It's driving me nuts that out of nowhere I act like this, because right after I do it I realize how unlike me it was to freak out at him about stupid things.
Needless to say, I know I'm just driving him away.
I'm not sure if I'm looking for an answer to this problem, but maybe some input from somebody that has had this happened before (women and men alike).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

hottstuff1 HB User
Re: What is going on with me??

I know what youre going through because I have been like that. Not so much who he was calling but I would get mad if he would go spend time with friends and not me, or why he didnt call at this time and so forth only because I loved him so much and was afraid to lose him. We would end up fighting about the small stuff and I would cling to him where he had no space at all. Consequently, I was with him almost 2 years and he recently broke it off with me for good Sunday. My advice to you is just to get a grip of your feelings and emotions not just for the relationship but for yourself too. You say that you dont like being like that, well next time you get the urge to nag at him or ask him questions stop yourself and realize that if he wanted someone else he would be with them, he is with you so enjoy the time that you do have together. You dont want him to get so fed up with it that the whole relationship is based upon arguments or the petty stuff. Just try to stop yourself from thinking crazy things, but I know us women have an unbelievable imagination when it comes to the men in our life. Just dont end up like me, with no boyfriend because all the unneccessary stress will drive him away. Good luck and be happy for what a good man that you do have!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

chris031181 HB User

Has he given you reason to believe that you can't trust him?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

You really love this one. You are scared to death to loose him and have realized this guy someone became the center of your thoughts. You're crazy about and it scares you. We cling onto things we are terrified of loosing. Try and re-balance yourself. Do more things for you. Take a girls night out. Focus on yourself more. Its normal to feel what you feel but its important to get that balance off so you don't chase him off like you think is already happenening. If you try and focus on people and things other than him you'll start to feel more relaxed.

Closed Thread