It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

hottstuff1 HB User
Brokenheart

Hi! Basically the scoop on me is that I was with my amazing man for 2years until just a few days ago we broke up. Well he broke it off with me. We had been going through a rough patch these last 3 weeks and I dont think it was me, it was him. He has had a lot of stress with his job, money issues, and me and him arguing a lot was an added stress to everything. But I kept nagging at him only because I felt that he was distancing himself from me. He wasnt wanting to hang out these past weekends because all he basically was doing was just hanging by himself at his apartment playing video games and such. Well ya know thats fine and all to have time to yourself..(it only happened one weekend) I just took it as he didnt want to be with me. I trusted him with everything, (thats not the case) and now I lost a good guy who just wanted his space and time. I was majorly clingy because we dont live together and I missed him a lot. He asked me like 3 times during the time we were together if I wanted to move in with him but everytime I said no because I was scared..I know I was being a baby. I have never felt this way about anyone and I am going kind of crazy because I am deeply in love with him. He hasnt called me and that is what hurts the most. We have broken up in the past over small things and he ended up calling me the next day to say sorry since it was in the heat of the moment, but this is it for us since he has not called. I just need some words of encouragement from any of ya'll..I am feeling a bit lost and I miss him like crazy! I know some of yall have gone through this, what did you do to compose yourself? Thanks a bunch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

pisces82 HB User
Re: Brokenheart

Being clingy/needy is a total turn-off to most men. That being said, it is completely natural to act that way when someone distances themselves from you. Now that you realize what you have done, you need to back off. Maybe send him a text or call and let him know you realize he needs his space and you're backing off. I, however, would just back off with no explanation. He will get it. And then he will call you and want you back. There's a really good book that helped me with things like this I would highly recommend. It's called, "Why Men Love B*tches". It's comical, but is most helpful. Try to do things to get your mind off him and stop feeling guilty! Get the book and forget about him until he starts wondering what you're doing (since now he's so used to your being clingy) and he'll be back in no time.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
(female)

hottstuff1 HB User

Thanks Pisces82! Im going to check that book out most def. I dont think he will be coming back because he is standing firm in his decision and he has repeatedly said he does not want to be in a relationship anymore! SO that tells me that it wont change his mind on coming back if i never call him. But i have backed off already and I am strong enough to do it for whatever time I have to do it for. Thanks though it's just a hard time for me but Im trying not to let it affect me like I thought it would.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
(female)

pisces82 HB User

You're welcome I haven't always been strong, but thanks to a failed 5 yr relationship that almost ended up in marriage, I have learned to never let a man know he has you. He will take full advantage. Then it's over. It sounds like you may be better off without him. It's hard to let someone go, but you have to know it's in your best interest. You sound strong enough. Know that you'll have your good days and your bad days. Whatever you do, do not contact him. Contact me instead Good luck and good reading! The book will seriously have you laughing hysterically!

Closed Thread