It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
(male)

Illustr8r HB User
Lost my girlfriend! Was it me or the phentermine?

Last edited by Illustr8r; 04-17-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: personal

Old 08-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: Lost my girlfriend! Was it me or the phentermine?

I don't have any knowledge at all about the drug she is taking, but it being a diet pill can certainly give her more energy, but you have to break lose of that sometime....however I am doubting that the pills are the problem.

Regardless of what you might have done or not done....it sounds to me as though things are just over. I am sorry. I think she has told you this the best way she knows how. She has moved away from you, and that seems to be the way she wants it to be. All you can really do at this point is let go.

Please move on with your life, there are women out there who are looking for a wonderful, caring man like you. By the way, IF she is holding it over your head that your children come first....I would like to say it is very commendable of you and you don't need her in your life if she doesn't understand this.

Good Luck!

Mileena

Last edited by Mileena42; 08-09-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Everyone is different. My personal experience: I've taken phentermine on a couple of occasions. I was taking no other prescrptions at the time. I took it for less than 3 months each time. For the first couple of weeks it gave me an increase in energy. Then it leveled out and gradually became same 'ole, same 'ole. When I quit taking it I had a tired couple of days but again, it was a very mild reaction that was over in a very short while. As I said, everyone is different but this isn't "meth" if it's being taken as prescribed and not in concert with other drugs.

Second issue: I had a short relationship (I define as 18 months which was a friendship to dating) with a fellow and I could really relate to some of the comments. He had "kids" and was a great father. I do not have children. After about the 5th "the kids come first" lecture I was ready to gag. I actually adored his kids. They were great. They were actually young adults, 17 and up. And while I agreed that they came first, I also have feelings and should be respected. I could not see myself living a life where I only mattered if his kids didn't have a priority call that could come up at any time. The kids knew they had the guilt factor on their side too. And they were young so they didn't hestiate to use it. Again, it's not the same situation, but you can decide if any of that feeling could have been experienced by her.

One thing I don't think people give enough thought to is that bells can't be un-rung. Those times you didn't show up? Mine did that too. He also corrected his action but 1) I had to ASK for his common decency to not do it which showed a basic last of respect ---remember, this is a man who would NEVER have done that with his kids -- and 2) once it was done it really didn't matter that he corrected his actions and didn't do it again. The bell had been rung and that sour taste was left with me.

So, the sum of my thoughts. It's not the phentermine. If there are other health issues at play, it might be a different story. But in the overall picture, I'd say you may have been missing some signals.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
(male)

Illustr8r HB User

Last edited by Illustr8r; 04-17-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: personal

Old 08-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

I wouldn't involve the daughter. If things are as you say, it may be viewed as an attempt to get back into her life. I understand that you care and want to help, but if a man I used to be in a relationship tried to contact my child, and I was the one who ended the relationship, that wouldn't sit well with me.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

mbaresi77 HB User

My name is Toni and im 30 yrs old,

i have been taking phentermine over a year, it is a prescription that is only suppose to be used for a few months, but i was doing so well with losing weight that my doctor kept me on it, monitoring me everymonth.. ur story sounds a bit like my life, i was in a relationship for 11 years and engaged life was somewhat good, in my experience phentermine i think it can alter the mood swings, i myself felt distant, and very very moody toward everyone expecially my fiancee.. we did break things off Oct 3 2007. Right now i went to my doc for my annually check up, where he heard a swooshing by my heart, i then had to go get a EKG and heart monitor done, where they now say i have two leeking heart valves, im kinda wondering if using the phentermine soo long caused this. I think if ur girlfriend is doing very well and losing weight she may be overdosing on the meds, i felt the same i was doing wonderfully on the medicine and there were a few times i thought maybe if i took one more during the day it would be better and faster..just keep an eye out...GOD BLESS!! and i hope things work out between both of u..

~Toni~

Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
(female)

stalkerswife717 HB User

I was overweight a few years ago and was put on Phentermine by my doctor. I loved it. I had so much energy and the weight started to come off and I started feeling really good about myself. So good I broke up with the guy I had been seeing that I felt comfortable being fat with. I was not number one in his life and I wanted more and wasn't going to settle. She could be abusing her pill ( mine gave me a boost all day). Maybe not though. Don't get her daughter involved unless she is a sure danger to herself. I think right now she is just enjoying not being the "fat girl" though.

Closed Thread