It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

doublesma HB User
Well I know its NOT because of me

Not sure if anyone remembers me, my H walked out in February for someone else. Just up and said he was no longer in love with me and left.

Its been seven months and lots of councelling, soul searching and opening my eyes to see that his affair had NOTHING to do with me. He is an addict, his daughter told me this to my face, pretty powerful when a 14 year old says to you "when are you going to admit that dad is an addict" he is a functioning alcoholic, something I had a very difficult time admitting and coming to terms with. He is now back into gambling, is borrowing money to pay his child support, his hours have been semi cut he is now working 3 days a week instead of 5. He is still not seeing the kids as per our agreement, he bailed again today, because he forgot until ten this morining that he had a doctors appointment. So ummm if you arent working why not ask to have them later in the day until into the evening?

Anyway I know that he has lots of issues that have surfaced, the demons of gambling have come back to haunt him and he can't say NO. He never gambled when he was with me but his father warned me when we got married to watch him for it.

I feel bad for him, but he needs to fix him, I can't do it, the OW can't do it.

I hope for the sake of his relationship with his kids he takes care of himself, before its too late.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Well I know its NOT because of me

good you've finally realized this.....
now stop wasting all your energy thinking about this......
he doesn't deserve to monopolize your thoughts.....
he ain't paying rent in your brain.....
shut it off and move on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread