It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
(male)

plaxmax34 HB User
Prevent Cheating

This may sound naive, but I just want to know. Do you guys and girls think there are things that a boyfriend can do make sure that his girlfriend will absolutely not cheat on him? And vice versa, of course. I only asked it that way because I'm a guy.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB User
Re: Prevent Cheating

As sad as it sounds, no, I don't think you can prevent someone from cheating. And here's why. Cheaters usually cheat for a few reasons, 1. not being happy in a relationship. 2. fear or lack of commitment. 3. Ego/self esteem issues.

With that said, if a cheater wants to cheat, they will find a way. No matter if you "babysit" them, snoop on them, question them, give them everything they want, and so on, they will still do it if they want.

I know it's tempting to "babysit" someone and go out when they go out, snoop on them, and try to keep them happy and do everything they want, especially sexually, but in reality, I really don't think it makes a difference. Even if you keep a cheater from 'tempting" situations, they will still cheat if they want. Maybe having someone stay away from more tempting situations reduces the chances and opportunities to be cheated on, but it can and will still happen if they want it to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

treat them right, with consideration and respect, and hopefully they won't want to cheat

Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
(male)

Rob61 HB User

With women a relationship is emotional. What they want is someone to listen to them when they talk (really listen) and remember what they say. They want to stand on their own two feet but have a guy there to catch them if they stumble.

And to be treated with respect and kindness.

But if they are not happy with you there is a chance they will cheat.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

Cheaters will cheat even if you treat them like gold. It's not you, but the cheater who is the problem. Hopefully you have found a woman who wouldn't do that to you, who loves and respects you.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

Theres nothing you can do to prevent cheating other than giving the relationship your best and hope you are with someone who gives it their best as well. Some people will always cheat. Some people would never cheat. But there is nothing you can do to prevent someone from cheating. In fact, if you snoop, get insecure, or accuse them all the time you can actually push them into cheating.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Cheaters will cheat no matter what the relationship. It's something within them that makes them do it. It is a selfish thing that 9 times out of 10 has nothing to do with their partner. Since you can't control another person's actions there is no way to prevent them.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #8
(female)

chris031181 HB User

I honestly do not think there is anything you can do to keep someone from cheating. They're going to do it if they want. It is always good to try to prevent that by keeping them happy. Respect, love, and trust them! That is all you can do!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #9
(male)

plaxmax34 HB User

Yeah. In a way, it's kind of like, you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't.

If you're not sure whether or not your girlfriend is cheating on you, there aren't many ways to really find out. If you accuse her of anything, she will probably dump you. If you trust her and ignore your suspicions, she could be playing you. It might eventually come out, and then you have every right to be mad as hell about it and never speak to her again. But getting mad about it and knowing that you were right to be suspicious will not make you feel any better once you find out about it. You'll just wish you had either found a way to prevent, or you might wish that you had found out about her cheating sooner.

It really sucks. I hate that human nature can cause us to do things like this to each other. I don't think cheating is ever justified. I can't respect someone who does it, and I don't think I could ever forgive someone who cheats on me. It's so stupid, too, because a lot of times it's just caused by poor communication and a lot of minor problems that pile up because the person never lets their significant other know how they are feeling.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Dynobot HB User

There is nothing anyone can do to make someone not cheat.

Its an optional available to everyone, and each one of us has to decide for ourselves not to do it or even become weak enough to do it....

That old saying once a cheater always a cheater is wrong also. You can not sum up the actions of the masses with one quote. I for one used to cheat, and once I made it up in my mind not too again I never did. I even had women thinking I was gay because I would not take them up on their offer, after they handed me sex on a plater...

Closed Thread