It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User
"bestfriend" into my boyfriend...

what do you do when one of your "best friends" tries to subtly get with your boyfriend? what if you talked to her about things you now feel like you shouldnt have, and your afraid that she might tell him? its nothing bad. there are just times where i would talk about the relationship. your supposed to be able to do that with your girlfriends. now i think its going to come back in my face.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
Re: "bestfriend" into my boyfriend...

Tell your boyfriend that you think this "best friend" is trying to get with him, and that you have confided in her about your relationship with him to try to help work on your relationship and keep it going well. And that you think she's going to try to use the things you've told her to get between the two of you.

A little honesty goes a long way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

i have told him already that she makes me uncomfortable because i know shes trying to get with him. so he knows. her & i arent talking as much, and she doesnt know that i know but to me its obvious- to my boyfriend its not so obvious. i dont want to just cut her off because then she might say something to him out of spite. im hoping that its just a crush and she will leave it alone.

Last edited by deskette; 08-13-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elatedgiraffe HB User

You NEED to cut her off. Not cool. Not cool at all. Who cares if she says something to your boyfriend. You have already spoke to your boyfriend about it and if you're relationship is strong enough it should be able to survive the he said she said stuff. But she needs to go. The longer you keep her around out of fear she'll say something to your boyfriend the more you are letting her manipulate her friendship with you and your relationship with your boyfriend. She needs to go. ASAP. Trust me on this. The longer shes around the more trouble for you and your boy.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

for the most part i like being around her, when its just me & her. i dont like her around me & my boyfriend. i dont have but 3 friends pretty much, and shes cool when its just me & her. my boyfriend doesnt care to talk to her, but he says that since i do have fun with her, and shes one of my few friends- i should still hang out with her, i just dont have to bring her around him. like when hes out with his friends, he thinks its ok if i still hang out with her. he said that i dont need to worry about her, and for some reason if she did come on to him he would call her out on it & make her feel stupid. i trust my boyfriend & i know that i dont have anything to worry about with him. she has a boyfriend, but lastnight she went over to another guys house. so that right there, says shes not trust worthy. i dont know really.. its obvious that shes a selfish person.. when it comes to herself vs friends & herself vs boyfriends. she doesnt care whats right or wrong.. she just thinks about herself.

but we still have fun together. so do you think its dangerous to continue to act as her friend, or should i cut off all ties?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

how is this a best friend????

a best friend would be respectful and not try to get with her friends man

a best friend would know the boundries and not consider crossing them

first off follow the old rule "don't advertise your man"

2nd off are you that desperate that you want to hang on to her as a friend?

you don't need it.....she's no friend, she's laying in wait for an opportunity to snag your man........

Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

your right rose. shes obviously NOT my bestfriend, girls that are like her, are no good. so there is no real reason why i should continue to be her friend.

i have never and would never advertise my boyfriend.

im not desperate to have her has a friend. i just have fun with her, despite what is going on.

i never thought she would be "this kind of friend" because what she is doing to me & my boyfriend, is what all HER friends did to her when she was with her ex. i guess people treat people how they have been treated... and dont learn from it.

she doesnt know that i suspect this on her. i havent said anything, besides that i dont want her talking to my boyfriend without me knowing or without me around. she just said ok i understand.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

so she says ok she understands.....
do you believe her?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

no. who would believe that? she tried to talk to him behind my back, then come around as innocent. because she did that, i dont trust her. i have always had a hard time trusting females anyways because another "best friend" of mine through highschool, always tried to be all over my boyfriends too. this girl reminds me of that other "friend". i do not believe her. no. i think that she will wait until i "forget" about it.. then do something else.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

get rid of her SG
cut her out of your life for good

Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

i think thats the right thing to do... if i want peace anyways! i dont understand why girls think that this kind of thing is okay. it blows my mind.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysilly_ goose View Post
i think thats the right thing to do... if i want peace anyways! i dont understand why girls think that this kind of thing is okay. it blows my mind.

I think some of them do it as a challenge just to see if they can......

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

she even has a boyfriend. lastnight she called me and she was at another guys house at like 12:30 in the morning, i asked her if she was still with jimmy (her fairly new current boyfriend, yet they are exclusive) and she just said i dont know and that was that. she lied a long time ago, when i first got with my boyfriend (back in december), she said that one night when he was waiting for me to get off (i was waitressing then), he was hitting on her. he said shes a liar, and after a few months he actually confronted her about it, and she said "uh i dont know i didnt say that" but I KNOW thats what she told me. i just blew it off. i guess she enjoys trying to start trouble.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

She's not your friend sillysilly. A friend wouldn't act his way, plain and simple. I couldn't tell you why some people seem to think that this behavior is okay. I really think it has to do with some sort of gratification they get from the chase and getting something that is "forbidden" or "taboo".

Whatever her "problem" is doesn't matter. The bottom line is she is no friend to you. Cut her loose and find a real friend.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

yup i agree! thanks for the responses! im not going to communicate with her anymore. so.

Closed Thread