It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

ergo4 HB User
Doesn't Matter Now

We broke up. Well, he broke up with me. He wants to casually date other people. This, of course, is devastating to me as he talked about us in the long-term. Yeah, I know we were only in this for three months and it has been a turbulent three months at that. But it doesn't negate my strong feelings.

The really sucky thing is this is just one week before my ex of 2-years dumped me last year. It also just so happens to be a week before my birthday. I was actually excited about having a good birthday this year since last year was so sad. Ugh.

This on top of being really sick right now. Work is stressful. I'm numb and am trying to keep it together. I need some Novocain for my heart -- STAT!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
(male)

ergo4 HB User
Re: Doesn't Matter Now

Egads, replying to my own posts again. Well it has been less than 3 hours and already I feel a weight lifted off of me. I think I'm going to be okay this time around. I mean, after what happened last year, this surely has to be easier. Especially since it has been riddled with problems and I've not been 100% happy and I really shouldn't discount myself that way!

I want to be his friend. We started off as friends. We have a band together. We have lots in common. It's good. The only boundary I have, at this time, is that we don't talk about our social lives (that include opposite sex) around each other for a bit. I am going to be fine, fine fine!

I have a lot of issues to work on. I am ready to get started on making myself feel good again and without the umbrella of a man. I have a "TO-DO" list and I'm starting now by change of perspective!

Thanks y'all who have offered advice -- the good, bad and ugly. Every perspective had some truth to it whether I wanted to believe it or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

I'm sorry Mouse. I know this is hard and I'm sure your feelings will be flip-flopping for a while, but I just don't know if it would have worked out in the long run. The two of you were on totally different pages. The more time that passes, I think the more you'll see that. Be good to yourself. Treat yourself to something nice and if you have one of "those" days now and then, it's OK. The heart can mend, but it takes time. I wish you the very best.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

mouse I'm sorry he turned out to be so darn flaky.......
he seems to enjoy drama and conflict.....
you shouldn't have to work that hard in the beginning of a relationship, things should just flow......maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm sorry, but I'm glad you sound like you're gonna be ok and move forward.

Closed Thread