It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

Hazel1234 HB User
Does he "love" me by saying this to me...?

hi everybody...thanks for reading...the other day for the first time since we have been dating (about 4 months), my boyfriend told me he wanted to "make love" to me before we had sex. Neither of us have said "i love you" to eachother yet...however I think I fell for him a few weeks ago (before he said this to me). I'm just afraid to tell him because what if it scares him off since its only been a few months that we've been together? We are really close, and I find myself having to bite my tongue because I almost say I love you to him sometimes when we're together. I know it shouldn't be hard to say i love you or speak your true feelings if he's that special, but it's easier said than done. I have nothing against saying it first, because i know alot of people think the guy should always say i love you first, but it would be easier if i know that he may feel that way as well...He is rather reserved, so maybe he's feeling the same as me freaking out if he says iit to me? So back to my original question, by him saying "i want to make love to you" mean that he may actually love me and dropping a hint, or am I just doing some wishful thinking here? Thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICFK1 HB User
Re: Does he "love" me by saying this to me...?

You have a message you want to hear - and if you're not objective and discerning, you'r giong to slant everything he says and does so that you get that message.

If you love him - it's because you love him - not becuase he loves you. His loving you as you define love has NOTHING to do with you loving him.

If you tell him what you think/feel........and that way you can stop reading into his words or actions what you want to hear. He'll either say it outright back at the time..or he won't...and you'll have your answer, if you're willing to hear silence as an answer possibly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User

I think "I want to make love to you" means exactly what it implies. Just be glad he hasn't resorted to "Give me some." As a woman, I know that always does it for me! (NOT)

Mileena

Old 08-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

LOL Mileena. I agree, "I want to make love to you" has a better chance of success than " Let's have a shag", or worse,"Brace yourself". That is all you can read into it as a statement. Go on his actions, nonverbal language etc at this stage, there is more to see there. Cheers, Sera

Closed Thread