It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

sweetheart11 HB User
late night

so i stayed at my bf's house til like 3:30 last night in his room an his parents usually dont know what time i leave but apparently his dad did and got really ****** an called him an left him a msg saying he was upset an it was disrespectful. and now we're not sure what he'll do....but i was wondering if i should maybe call and apologize and tell them it was my fault, that i fell asleep.... what do u guys think?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User
Re: late night

No, i'd let your boyfriend do the explaining that you fell asleep. Maybe you two should just go in the living room when the parents go to bed to make them more comfortable. Or have your bf ask his father what would be best when having you over?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

sweetheart11 HB User

we went into his room so we wuldnt disturb his dogs and wake the whole family. i'm just nervous bcuz we never know how badly his dad will take things. and im leaving tomorrow for school so i don't want this to somehow impact how our somewhat fragile relationship lasts long-distance. you really think its best to just let him handle it?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Is it too late for an answer now?

I sort of agree with the previous poster: it is not strictly necessary for you to do anything about it, maybe his father was simply "barking", if you see what I mean. However, if you feel like it and if you really don't want to leave a loose end, so to say, do. Have you ever talked to his father on the phone? Or to his mother? Do you think his mother could somehow be behind this? You know, mothers are often more conservative than fathers. Anyway, if you are on good terms with her, it might be easier to approach her instead of the father. Could you manage to talk to her in person? Be brief whatever the way. You will know what to say. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
(female)

sweetheart11 HB User

i ended up not calling. i hope he can figure it out. he's goin to a friend's house for a cppl of beers..im hoping he's not doin that bcuz im leaving or smoething

Closed Thread