It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User
Argh

So, for those that have read my prior thread and still give a crap, I was informed that the one co-worker who insulted me was talking to this other guy, and that co-worker said to him "I could get more girls than him." I just don't know why he is saying things about me behind my back and I don't know how to get it to stop. Other co-workers have said that if they said that to him they would've kicked his a**, well, I would've but I don't want to lose my job or bring the managers into the situation. How should I handle this

PS: Sorry, for the redundancy.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Argh

Whatever this idiot is saying or doing is about him, not you. I know it must be really annoying, but, really, who cares if he thinks he is "better" than you? Your co-workers will either just ignore him, or tell you about it, which shows that they don't give a hoot about his blowhard comments either. You cannot change him, but you CAN choose to be the more mature person and just ignore it. Vent here by all means, we all give a cr@p here. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

He sounds like a very immature person. Obviously, if he honestly felt what he is saying, he wouldn't feel the need to say it. Just ignore him, he isn't worth a minute of your time.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User

Yeah, I agree with both of you. It's just a hard situaiton to deal with.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
(female)

gwoman HB User

Hold your head up high, put a confident smile on your handsome face and strut, maybe humbly, but strut. What I am saying is don't give him any fuel. Don't let him think you know or that you give a cr#p about what he thinks. Who, if anyone will he be in your life? And yes, I do give a ****, you are a good guy. I hope you have a good night and I hope to talk with you later.....G

Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Dude, seriously. What you need to do is laugh at him and say, "Whatever, loser." I don't understand why the opinion of some low-life creep is so important to you. Who gives a crap what some nobody says about you? It means absolutely nothing in your life. So you work with the guy, so what? He has no place in your life as some important guy. You just need to realize this and laugh at his lameness. Because there's no reason to get this worked up over it. I know you've posted about this before and you're like obsessed with "Handling" the situation, but it's completely not necessary. There's nothing to handle. He's an idiot, end of story. The guy probably hasn't had a girlfriend in years. He's just saying stuff about you because it makes him feel better. That's why you should laugh at him and say Whatever loser! And walk away. That's all you have to do.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

He's the typical school yard bully. You have to ignore him. He is busting on you because he is insecure with himself. Ignore the rumors you hear and if he says something to your face then just respond with a "whatever dude" or something just as passive. This is about him and his insecurities, not you. Just as you would tell any child to ignore the bully and he will go away (hopefully) I think this is what you need to do. No reaction equals no fun for him and he moves on (again, hopefully).

Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
Dude, seriously. What you need to do is laugh at him and say, "Whatever, loser." I don't understand why the opinion of some low-life creep is so important to you. Who gives a crap what some nobody says about you? It means absolutely nothing in your life. So you work with the guy, so what? He has no place in your life as some important guy. You just need to realize this and laugh at his lameness. Because there's no reason to get this worked up over it. I know you've posted about this before and you're like obsessed with "Handling" the situation, but it's completely not necessary. There's nothing to handle. He's an idiot, end of story. The guy probably hasn't had a girlfriend in years. He's just saying stuff about you because it makes him feel better. That's why you should laugh at him and say Whatever loser! And walk away. That's all you have to do.
I just don't know why he feels the need to pick on me in particular, you know? And even though I know he's a failure in that area, for some reason his opinion bothers me. Crazy, I know.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I know it's totally bugging you - the "why" part. But my message to you is that the "why" doesn't even matter. The only thing that matters is that this guy means nothing to you in your life, and holds no value in your life, which is why his opinion about you at all shouldn't mean diddley. It would be different if he were a trusted friend or family member, someone who actually meant something to you saying this stuff. Then it's ok to be upset and wonder why. But since he's just some shmoe guy who works with you, then his opinion just doesn't hold any value whatesoever, so you really just need to accept that he's a total loser and he's putting you down in an effort to make himself feel better, end of story. Knowing that, you should actually pity him for being such a loser and for living such a loser existance that he has to put down others to make himself feel better. That's something grade school kids do. You guys are adults, you shouldn't have to resort to that kind of thing anymore. So, instead of feeling bad about what he says, realize that he's just the same as any of those little grade school kids who put down everyone cause they know they totally suck and they have nothing to offer anyone.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
(male)

TryAgain121 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I know it's totally bugging you - the "why" part. But my message to you is that the "why" doesn't even matter. The only thing that matters is that this guy means nothing to you in your life, and holds no value in your life, which is why his opinion about you at all shouldn't mean diddley. It would be different if he were a trusted friend or family member, someone who actually meant something to you saying this stuff. Then it's ok to be upset and wonder why. But since he's just some shmoe guy who works with you, then his opinion just doesn't hold any value whatesoever, so you really just need to accept that he's a total loser and he's putting you down in an effort to make himself feel better, end of story. Knowing that, you should actually pity him for being such a loser and for living such a loser existance that he has to put down others to make himself feel better. That's something grade school kids do. You guys are adults, you shouldn't have to resort to that kind of thing anymore. So, instead of feeling bad about what he says, realize that he's just the same as any of those little grade school kids who put down everyone cause they know they totally suck and they have nothing to offer anyone.

Well, the co-worker who said it to me to begin with repeated it to me again today, for some reason. He chuckled right afterwards, I don't know if it was because what the other guy said, or not but don't know why he brought it up again. He (the one who told me) said he didn't like that guy though, so maybe he meant it in a derogatory way against him?? I don't know, I was just trying to forget it.

Closed Thread