It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Question Adult Sister impersonating FBI agent

I have a sister who is 50 years old, and is very disturbed. She has been a habitual liar as long as I can remember, the lies are becoming plain old crazy. She has been impersonating law enforcement for quite some time, carrying a badge, getting food for free at restaurants with it, etc. Yesterday, a friend called me to tell me she has convinced a local liquor store owner that she is FBI, and has just returned from 2 tours in Irac! Nothing farther from the truth. What consequences could come from impersonating police and FBI. I dont speak with her because I fear her, and my elderly parents do too. We know she is armed. What, if any action should be taken, and by whom?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Adult Sister impersonating FBI agent

this sounds like a mental health issue......she's delusional.......

is there a history of mental illness?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

This is a hard situation for you to be in. What your sister is doing is against the law. She is breaking the law and could face some serious legal consequences. I really don't know what to tell you to do. If it was a stranger doing this and you found out about it, I would tell you to report them to the police. In spite of the fact that she is your sister, If it was me, I would take the hard step and call the police. She is armed which means that she could hurt herself, or even worse, somebody else. How will you feel if she kills somebody? Apart from it being illegal to impersonate someone in law enforcement, it is also dangerous. There are people who are on the wrong side of the law, that may want to pick fight with her thinking she is a law enforcement officer. To protect herself, she could kill them. The whole situation is potentially extremely dangerous.
It sounds as if she is mentally ill in which case she may be considered a danger to herself or others. That is a reason to be forcibly taken in to a psychiatric ward.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Does she live alone? Does she have a job? If you can't talk to her, if she won't listen, if she will only tell lies, I would first contact her partner or whomever lives with her or her employer to try to figure out what is really going on with her. If you can't do neither of these, I would perhaps make an anonymous report. I think you can do that from any phone.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Thank you for your replies. They all ring true. She lives alone, in a house provided by my elderly parents, whom have never recieved any rent from her. She does not, and has not worked for years, with the exception of driving a car for and elderly couple, with whom she also lies to. I could not ask them to be involved, but I could certainly make an anonymous phone call. I just needed a little back-up before I do it. I just learned from my mother that she returned home from a trip to Georgia a few days ago, with several badges she said a retired police officer "gave" her while she was visiting. I imagine she stole them. Time to make that call...

Old 09-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

its a felony to impersonate a federal officer.
Make the call anonymous then, but Id make it before she gets into something much worse. Add the gun to the mix and you have loony and dangerous. No offense...but she doesnt need to know who called. ANYone thats she has told her crap to will know and could have called. Call from a pay phone if youre worried.
Good luck~
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 09-09-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Closed Thread