It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

saddenrose HB User
i don't think i love my husband anymore

i'm 35 weeks pregnent and i don't think i love my husband anymore every thing he does gets on my last nerves. and i know i'm pushing him away from the family.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: i don't think i love my husband anymore

You need to figure this out for the sake of your family, you have a baby on the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

1stXmommy HB User

Hopefully its just hormones causes havoc on your emotions, i have heard of plenty of expectant mothers who said they could not stand the sight of their husbands during pregnancy. So is this something that comes and goes if so hopefully it will get better when the baby comes.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
(female)

saddenrose HB User
Thumbs up Re: i don't think i love my husband anymore

thank you for your input i hope it dose go away because my family is every thing to me.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I think it is completely normal to feel that way! I did not want my DH to kiss or even touch me while pregnant! It must be hormones. Then you begin to question if you love him. I felt the same way. I think it will pass, hang in there. Pregnancy does some strange things to us!!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
(female)

saddenrose HB User

thanks for you thoughts. but now i think that i'm pushing him away.
he doesn't even look at me. he now is starting the fights. he even leaves for a day and returns with no care in the world. he does drink more. and when he leaves, he leaves durty and drunk but comes home hungover. so i don't know if hes seeing some one or what

Last edited by Mod08; 09-19-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: i had more to say!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Can you two talk it over? Does he realize how important it is to make you feel loved and special, especially now? You need all the help and support you can get. Do not blame yourself. He needs to be there for you and remind him that this baby needs him too.

Take a deep breath and relax. Talk to your family and friends and get others involved.You are going to have a beautiful child and have so much to look forward to. My thoughts are with you!

Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
(female)

saddenrose HB User

thank you,
i will try to talk to him hopefully i haven't turned him away yet.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Personally, I do not think it is normal to not want, like, or live your husband just because you are pregnant. There are other issues surrounding your feelings, simply not just being pregnant causes you to feel the way you do. Start communicating with him in a calm manner and find our the problems.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

I bet he's in denial. My fiance did this to me about a month before our daughter arrived. He would leave, get drunk, and then return hungover as anything. He acted like it was nothing.
He has no idea where you're coming from because he's not actually pregnant. He's experienced no backaches, no cramps, no pains and aches, no rib pokes, no charley horses, no shortness of breath walking up stairs, no sleep deprivation, no kicks, no signs of life of an actual child...NOTHING!
Until there is a real live baby there to feed, change diapers, bathe, and love, he's not going to get it. He's not going to understand your feelings because he can't. I really don't think men are programmed that way.
You've gotta sit down with him before this baby arrives though if you want to make it work. Let him know you're feeling neglected and tell him how you want things to change. Don't place blame though, because that'll only send him running.
I bet you're tired of his antics, and I bet he's living it up until baby comes...out playing with the boys. Communication really is key though. Don't talk to him though while he's drunk. And don't talk to him while you're mad. Talk about it when you're both in a good state of mind.
Good luck!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006 View Post
Personally, I do not think it is normal to not want, like, or live your husband just because you are pregnant. There are other issues surrounding your feelings, simply not just being pregnant causes you to feel the way you do. Start communicating with him in a calm manner and find our the problems.
Pregnancy does have a way of making "blowing things out of proportion", if you will. It won't make her not like her husband, but even having the slightest argument can seem much bigger than it really is, when you're dealing with all the symptoms, troubles, and emotions of pregnancy.

Saddenrose, I really feel for you. What a terrible time for you to feel this way. You should be basking in the glory of pregnancy, and thinking about what your baby will be like, instead of thinking about where on earth your husband has gone, and what he's doing. I think the other posters are right--communication is the key here. Just do it at a time when you are getting along well, and he is more likely to absorb what you say about how you're feeling, instead of just letting it go in one ear and out the other (as many men have a tendancy to do, in my opinion). Like LauraLu said, I'm sure he's nervous and not quite sure what to expect, probably like yourself which might be why he's acting this way...Try explaining to him what pregnancy actually does to a woman's body, and mind. Good luck with everything!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Closed Thread