It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
Pretending to be someone else to talk to my ex

I started talking to my ex using a fake email account today, I started pretending i was this 28 yr old woman with a 6 1/2 yr old son.

and I even took 3 pics off someone's ******.

He denied he had a son. So i said everyone knows you have a son, your parents tried to keep it a secret, well the secret is out, also that she was a girl from hs that liked him alot and wanted to be with him. I wanted to ask him things i didn't know about him, so i did. I haven't got a response back yet i'm waiting since he had to go to bed, b/c his daughter goes to school at 9:00am.

I know i'm way over my head now...

Last edited by Administrator; 04-09-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Clearly HB User
Re: Pretending to be someone else to talk to my ex

I don't understand why you are doing this? It's very strange and you probably should stop now before you get in too deep. I don't understand why you would do something like this and for what purpose?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

patteecake HB User

b/c i want to know how is is doing, i haven't spoken to him in 2 weeks, i'm lonely.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Taking someone'e photos is really creepy and I would think pretty illegal. Sorry, but thats probably not the way to go. If he finds out its you, he'll really think youve lost it, and will probably NEVER contact you again.
Just my opinion. I would be furious if someone stole any of my photos and make sure that they were prosecuted. You may want to think about that...
IZZY'SMOM

Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User

This is not healthy. I hope you put a stop to it before it goes any farther.

Mileena

Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

If you want to know how he is, why not call him? Why go through all this deception?

Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
(female)

patteecake HB User

i am not allowed to call his house, i blocked him from email, im's

Last edited by Administrator; 04-09-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
(female)

patteecake HB User

It don't matter, he thinks i'm pyscho. I don't really care anymore, I know he will get his , karma does come back. I feel guilty for doing this, but i'll never tell him , its me. I didn't use the pic's i couldn't bring my self to use them. I am not that bad...

Old 10-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

You said you're lonely and want to know how he is, then you say he will get his, making me believe that he did things to you that you don't like. Which is it? If he's such a bad person that karma is going to get him, why are you reaching out to him, disguised as someone else, when you're lonely? Is this some kind of love/hate thing? If so, it's not healthy. If you're lonely, spend time with your son, family and friends. Don't spend time pretending to be someone else so an ex you don't even like will talk to you.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
(female)

patteecake HB User

i know i have to stop. its not healthy, why do i care so much what he does when obviously 2 weeks ago i stopped all contact and he called me once since then and didn't even leave a voicemail.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
T If he finds out its you, he'll really think youve lost it, and will probably NEVER contact you again.
I have to agree with Izzy. In fact, please beware that he may suspect you regardless......Especially if you're blocked from calling him & etc. Sounds as if there is more here than meets the eye.

It's not that hard to trace things back and if he finds out this is you, it could really effect your relationship moving forward. This is especially important since you share a child.

Take care, and I hope things improve.

Regards,

Ex

Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #12
(female)

patteecake HB User

I was the one doing the blocking, 2 weeks ago, i said no good bye to him. I thought it was for the best. He messed with me for the last time. he never blocked me. I had to move on frokm all the emotional abuse he has caused for the past 5 yrs. So i ended the pretending last nite. Deleted the sn and didn't say a word. I am done, I don't want him in my son's life. So theres no reason to contact him. I know that i can def find myself someone that treats me like i deserve to be treated and when he moves, im not going to bother to get his moving info. I am just letting things go. It was wrong and i was impulsive, part of bi polar i have. But it is going to be a long road to forgiving myself for what life path i chose. It's my responsibility to be the bigger person and just let things go. He's not worth the drama. I don't know why it took me to do this to realize that he is so wrong about me, i'm not pyscho. I'm a great mom and i have alot to offer a relationship just NOT WITH HIM.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #13
(female)

patteecake HB User

his parents don't like me, i'm not allowed at the house or call their house. they don't want to be in our son's life. they said its better off this way. yet they are in their other 2 grand children's life. it has angered me and made me jealous all theses yrs, for what, my son has 2 grand parents, my parents who treat him like he is deserved to be treated. i felt so unloved and alone b/c i put myself through torture. to prove that he don't love, me. he did in the past and so did i . BUT THERES NOTHING LEFT. I was the one having the hard time moving on. HE ALREADY MOVED ON.

they think i was the one who planned this whole getting pregnant, we wanted a child together, he backed out when he realized that his gf kept her baby and then the shock of getting 2 women pregnant and there was a 3rd previous one , she had an abortion. i know a real piece of work this guy is, i was obessed with him, i dunno why, this guy is an a**. he HAS NOTHING TO OFFER ME. I know that now, 5 yrs later, that who would want him. Some dumb girl is going to get hurt from him. He's bi sexual anyway i found out. I had to stop, it was getting too creepy. After finding out he works two jobs now, lived in boston a few yrs ago, grandma that passed away was his fav photo, down port is his fav hang out spot, theres so much i never knew about him, its better off i didn't. maybe when our son is old enough, if marc wants to stay in contact, he'll contact his father. i started writing a mini journal of what our son does everyday and when his pictures from school come in, i'll mail them to him like he wanted and when the journal is finished i'll mail it to him.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Quote:
i know i have to stop. its not healthy, why do i care so much what he does when obviously 2 weeks ago i stopped all contact
Because love is an addiction, a mental illness. I'm being completely serious. There are some books out there on the subject. Extensive brain research has been done, and love is no different than addiction.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #15
(female)

patteecake HB User

Believe me i know, I've went through this with my first ex who i still talk to after we've been broken up for 6 yrs. It took me a yr to get over him. My first ex and i have no children together and we are over each other. We are not friends, just aquantices, that talk rarely.

I did contact My son's father and ask him why he called me a few days ago on the phone, he hasn't replied yet

Closed Thread