It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
How Do Men Act When They Really Have Feelings?

I've noticed something I want to be clear on. Do men act more nervous around you when they have true feelings? There was this guy who in the beginning could talk to me with ease. Asked me all kinds of stuff and made a ton of eye contact..as we grew closer he seemed to become more guarded and nervous around me. I'd catch him staring at me more..then he'd get this look of pain on his face if I talked about another man..and tried to give me advice like to be careful. Then he'd do the push/pull thing. He'd tell me he was afraid to call me and stuff. I think in the beginning he had no feelings for me so it was easier to talk to me and he was just trying to get some..that never happened. We do flirt..but he does disappear on me..and then wait for me to look for him.

It's confusing. Do you think he has developed more serious feelings for me and is just afraid now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: How Do Men Act When They Really Have Feelings?

I think they are. just my opinion.
I know I am more nervous around someone I care about or want to earn there trust and start a long term realtionship.
with that said he should trust you and not frown when you mention other men, its a little more on the freelance side of things at first but after things get serious things changed for a man...as well as a woman.

there by all means be no jelously or controling or doubts , if the two of you have feelings then you just know it you feel it, its a wonderful feeling to have feelings for someone you care deeply for and yeah I'd say it is a little nerve wracking when you fall for someone.

you can always ask him how he feels about you what his intentions are with you...if your asking that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

It's not so easy..why does he not take my call? I have not heard back from him. It's very confusing. He is very hot and cold. It's like he is always testing me. I think I just need to give up.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laye View Post
It's not so easy..why does he not take my call? I have not heard back from him. It's very confusing. He is very hot and cold. It's like he is always testing me. I think I just need to give up.
This guy sounds very unstable. Do you really want to put all this energy and time into a guy? Wouldn't you rather find a nice guy who's secure enough within himself to believe you're good enough for him and he's good enough for you and who will pick up the friggin' phone and just ask you out?? It could be that I'm just getting old, but at 43 I just wouldn't have the inclination to play these stupid games. A guy's either into you and emotionally available enough to do something about it or he isn't. If he doesn't have the cajones to come and get you, you have to wonder, what else doesn't he have the cajones for? Is this how he's going to handle all of life's more challenging, difficult or nerve racking moments? If you swoop in and do all the work and convince him to date you, are you going to have to change his diapers all the time? Is that what you really want? If it were me, I'd move on.

Closed Thread