It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

KDD 26 HB User
Relationship with Mom Going Downhill

My mom used to have a great relationship. Everyone says we are so much alike. That is probably why we clashed from time to time, but it is also why we have so much in common.

Over the past year, though, things have changed. My mom started going through menopause and has had these mood swings. I never know what kind of mood she is in.

Our relationship is so going downhill because I do not like spending as much time with her as I used to. She just makes me so angry at times. Just the other day she stopped me as I was going into my room to tell me that I was getting fat. Like I don't have enough problems in my like right know.

She acts like she knows everything and when you prove her wrong, she gets angrier. I was just diagnosed with TMJ today which was probably brought on from clenching my teeth. I only clench my teeth when I am really mad and I only do it when I am around her. It is the only way I keep from exploding.

I still try to spend time with her doing things that we like, but I can not do is as much as I used to. People probably think I am nuts with the stories I have. I think I am nuts when I tell them because I don't think anyone can say the things my mother says (it is way to much to write here).

I just wish things could go back to the way they were before. I miss it.

KDD

Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Relationship with Mom Going Downhill

I think it is very sweet that you miss that close relationship you once had. If you can't sit down and tell her all the things you miss about her, write them down, and ask her to listen to you read them to her. Trust me, this is probably just what she needs to hear from you the most.

Speak straight from you heart, without any judgements, or critisism...and just ask her for what you want. I dont think there is any mother who wouldnt love to hear that. I bet she really misses you too.

I wish you and your mother the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

KDD 26 HB User

Its weird because just a half hour after I posted this we were watching TV talking and having fun.

I know that our relationship is not as bad as I think it is at times. She just makes me so angry sometimes.

KDD

Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Good for you!

You didnt mention how old you are, but you did mention your mom was going through menopause. All us women are "hormonally challenged" sometimes, and being flexible and patient with each other goes a long way. Good luck.

Closed Thread