It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

Brkenhrt HB User
Got a first date tommorow - should I hug or kiss her when I see her?

Just curious? We met just last week and only talked a couple times via email and phone since, before making plans for first coffee date tommorow morning.

Also, any tips? I dont want to shake her hand cause we're past that, and I want to show her that im into her.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
(female)

t0ri111 HB User
Re: Got a first date tommorow - should I hug or kiss her when I see her?

A hug would be okay, I wouldn't suggest kissing her as a greeting though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

How about greeting her with a warm, sincere smile, helping her into her chair, and looking into her eyes?

The rest should just fall into place. Have fun!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
(male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ri111 View Post
A hug would be okay, I wouldn't suggest kissing her as a greeting though.
Ok ill give a hug.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
(male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
How about greeting her with a warm, sincere smile, helping her into her chair, and looking into her eyes?

The rest should just fall into place. Have fun!
I'll do all of the above as well.

Any other tips? Im really looking forward to it, really had a great time meeting her last wed night.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

How about a kiss on the cheek? If I like a guy, I really enjoy a kiss on the cheek. It's just so romantic and kind of old-fashioned, but also very mannerly and respectful.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

For a first date? I think a gentle kiss on the cheek or a nice little hug would be good. Even a handshake would be good. If you want her to know that you ARE interested in her then you could linger the handshake while gazing in her eyes. She'll be able to pick up the signs, I'm sure.
good luck

Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

How interesting. . . .I just went on a "first date" with a girl, last night. I met her up with her at a restaurant, she got there first, and was already at the table. She got up to greet me, and I extended my hand (as for a handshake), and she wanted a hug instead. My theory is that I think it is good to let someone know that you're interested, however, a part of me thinks that erroring on the side of caution is better for a guy.

The date was REALLY good!

Bottom line is, I think that a first date should be more about getting to know the person, IN a face to face setting (which is far different than email or even phone calls) and if a hug happens, then great!

Good luck on your date!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
(male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Well we had the date this morning and spent an hour talking. It was nice but apparently shes 38 and im 28 and it wasnt goin to work. I can tell that im just too young for her.

When we met up she was the one to open her arms for a hug and I followed through. But at the end when saying bye, we didnt give each other a hug, not even a handshake.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

On to the next. You never know who you'll find! I'm working on a second date with the person I spoke of in my last post, . . . .but that doesn't mean it is an "ultimate". However, getting back out there is the only way you'll meet the right person, . . . .and it is good to know that with only one date.

I had a "one date" that I met, and though I would have liked to have another with her, through the date, the information learned was enough to make me realize that she wasn't the one. She desired to eventually live in the middle east, teaching "english as a second language", . . . . and there is no way I ever plan to live in that part of the world, so these types of things, . . . finding things out early, . . . is the best way. Learn, then move on. . . until what you learn is worth keeping!

Good luck in your search!

Closed Thread