It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

CamoLov3 HB User
Angry how to i fix myself?

i was with my last boyfriend for a year and a half. I was so very much in love. But he constantly cheated on me (i ignored the signs and rumors because i didnt want to believe it) and he was played alot of mind games. Well i finally ended it with him, and that was two years ago.
i havnt had a bf since. ive dated.. ive had sexual relationships.

but now im at the point of wanting to settle down and have a future with someone, and I get hit on constantly but... everytime this is what happens:

ill talk to a guy and think i like him but after 2+ wks i just get annoyed. Its like im emotionally numb and cant develop feelings.

wat do i do?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: how to i fix myself?

Hmmm...

For a while, maybe, focus on your career, on your studies, on learning or developing your skills, on improving your personal health, etc rather than on romantic relationships.

This has another name: becoming mature. We all need it, not only you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

take a break for a while.....focus on something else besides relationships

Old 09-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

JCgirl HB User

Perhaps you just have not found the right guy...or you just did not give yourself enough time to get over the last one properly. Maybe you could join a club for a hobby of yours and maybe you will meet somebody special that you have a lot in common with.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
(female)

CamoLov3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCgirl View Post
you just did not give yourself enough time to get over the last one properly. Maybe you could join a club for a hobby of yours and maybe you will meet somebody special that you have a lot in common with.
Thanks, the only thing is. when i ended it with him... i didnt go on a date for almost a year. I joined the military 8 months ago. I keep busy with my job, school and i play sports for the base.

so you think its possible i need to speak to someone professional.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB Usersunnyrise HB User

I think it's great that you want to improve yourself, I don't call it fixing as you don't sound broken.

It doesn't hurt to see a professional, I have gone to therapy and when it's the right therapist really enjoyed it as well as learning about myself.

Keep us updated okay?
Sunny

Closed Thread