It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brokenhearted83 HB User
When does dating become a relationship?

When does dating become a relationship? I know there are no fixed rules but I am seeing a man who I really like and I feel as though we are a couple weeks away from being classed as in a relationship. We met at the beginning of July and have been dating since. We've been taking it really really slow and soon I'll be meeting some of his closest friends and he will be meeting mine. We are getting more comfortable around eachother and are spending more time around eachother, kissing, always complimenting eachother, always saying how time flyes by when we are together, how much we enjoy ourselves etc. I refer to us as "seeing eachother."
Just looking for some guidance or your personal stories on moving from dating to being in a relationship. When this transition does occur, should I talk to him about what he is looking for in life? He is in his early 30s. I don't want to waste time with someone who just wants fun...I've only known him a couple months so I can't be too sure or rely on reading signals.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: When does dating become a relationship?

I think it is a process. The turning point is probably when they want to meet your family and want you to meet theirs.

Last edited by pendulum; 09-01-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I think you should stop worrying about it and continue to enjoy his company!
be patient......when it becomes a relationship, you will know it!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

I think that it becomes a relationship when you talk to one another about how much you mean to each other and you both agree to be exclusive with one another.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
(female)

JCgirl HB User

When you discuss it? or you guys openly say I love you to each other...

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

I agree, I think it's a natural progression of getting to know each other. I mean, if you don't even know yet whether he's marriage minded, what he wants in life or the future, etc., then I'd say it's way too soon to start thinking relationship.

Closed Thread