It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
(male)

new guy HB User
Weird to me?

Is it normal for a girl to have as a friend on f-------- the man she had an affair with for seven years? When she claims she doesn't want to be with him anymore To me he should just be completely out of the picture and gone.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User
Re: Weird to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by new guy View Post
he should just be completely out of the picture and gone.
Agreed. If she is in a committed relationship with you she should not have her ex-lover of which she was unfaithful with as a friend. Unless she is not committed to you exclusively, he needs to be out of the picture, period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Are you still looking at your ex's fb page? You need to stop torturing yourself like that. It doesnr matter what she does anymore or why, she's not your problem anymore, thankfully!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User

I just went back and read/remembered about your recent previous posts.

If this question is about her, I agree with Kszan. Let it GO. It doesn't matter who she is friends anymore. I'm sorry that this has been so painful for you to get over. But checking her F---B--- page will not help you get over her.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
(female)

nobodyknows HB User

ok i remember you posts new guy...
i understand the principle behind what your saying, but it's totally ironic, because really you should be cutting her out of your life.
if she wants to be his online friend, or his real life friend, or start sleeping with him, or he divorces his wife and marries her... dude just don't worry about it...
it's not your problem.
and i know your breakup was very hard but i also hope you're not talking to her extended family and stuff like you were....

Old 03-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
(female)

Idris HB User

Its not normal and unacceptable if you are IN AN EXCLUSIVE, COMMITTED relationship with this woman. But if this is your ex, you do need to let it go. She would technically be single, and single people can do whatever it is that they choose to do - even if that means in touch with a man they had an affair with.

If she is your ex, you need to stop Facebook stalking her profile!!! It really does not help!

Good luck!

Last edited by Idris; 03-26-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User

In another thread, I said it was completely unacceptable for a married woman to "start" a F-book relationship with an ex--as in, a lot of messaging back and forth; building and maintaining some sort of relationship.

But, just the fact of having someone be an F-book friend? That in itself is not so bad. I have some ex's as FB friends, mostly because we have a lot of past mutual friends (college and high school), and so we friended one another, too. I think anything more than friending, and maybe saying a quick "hi, how ya doin," is wrong, but just having them show up on your "friends" list is really no big deal.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by new guy View Post
Is it normal for a girl to have as a friend on f-------- the man she had an affair with for seven years? When she claims she doesn't want to be with him anymore To me he should just be completely out of the picture and gone.
If she is in a relationship with someone, then I would say yes, it is weird for her to maintain any type of relationship at all with an ex, particularly if she cheated on her partner with this man. It's disrespectful and frankly suspicious.

Closed Thread