It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

imsry28 HB User
Nothing More, Nothing Less...

I kind of just need to vent and possibly get someoneís input on my current situation:
He is my boyfriend. Nothing more, nothing less. I really am new to this whole ďrelationshipĒ thing, but if Iím not mistaken, itís supposed to be more than what we have. I like him, I care for him, and he likes and cares for me. But is it enough to last? Is it possible that it could grow to be more than this? I really want this to work. ButÖ Iím not sure how to try, or even if I should bother. Itís driving me crazy, because I barely know him, and I know that seems kind of immature to hook up with someone you donít know enough about, but I know him for the most part, and he is a really great guy. I love how I feel when Iím with him, too. But I donít have enough time with him, to get to know him better. There are things about me that he canít even imagine; Iím reallyÖ screwed up emotionally, and I just donít know if heíd be able to handle it. I have so many doubts, and at this point nothing is making sense. But Iíd like for this to work out and so Iíll continue to tryÖ

Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
(female)

timestandstill HB User
Re: Nothing More, Nothing Less...

you said you have emotional issues so i don't mean to say any of this in an offensive manner. maybe you are having a hard time appreciating what you could have with him because you are depressed. depression eats away at what makes us happy and puts a huge damper on any attempts at caring for another person. are you passionate about other things in life that you feel emotion for, but just don't feel it with him? if yes then you probably find him attractive, but not breath taking, not the holder of your heart. if you don't often feel passionate about anything then you could have emotional problems with many other things than just relationships. im not saying this in a negative way, just in a concerned way because maybe he could be the one for you and it will just take getting back to a happy place to know it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Instead of worrying about whether he can handle how "messed up" you are, why not work on fixing yourself a little? Even if you have to get therapy or work with a councelor.

But other than that, I think you're putting the cart before the horse here. You're worrying about the future too much. You hardly know this guy as you say. So why are you worrying about whether it's going to last? Very few relationships "last." They almost always end someday. So why not just relax, and have fun and enjoy it for as long as it's good and it lasts? I don't think you can strategize to make a relationship last longer than it's going to. All you can do is be the best you that you know how to be, and be fair, honest and respectful to the other party, and let go with good grace when it's over.

I had a feeling from your other post that you were struggling with deciding to go back to someone who wasn't good for you or move on. If it's this hard, the answer is simple. Move on.

Last edited by Larrylou'smom; 03-29-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
(female)

imsry28 HB User

Wow... Thank you guys so much for the responses; they were exactly what I needed to hear and I just wanted to show my appreciation

Closed Thread