It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

Dezzi HB User
what if he's sick?...

my boyfriend is a very very smart man. He has a superior explenation for everything. Even if its totally left field, paranoid and a bit of a conspiracy. He is withdrawn socially. He is Angry and mean to me when hes angry. I dont understand half the things hes mad about. they dont make sense to me and i am trying so hard to see things his way that i feel like im starting to question my own sanity. He rants about everything. the only way that he can make sense to me is if i ignore just enough of reality and social norm for it to make sense. but im afraid that that's me trying to hard....
also, over the last few years he has lost pretty much all of his friends because "they are selfish and take advantage of him and are wrong" somehow. He believes that they are a little crazy (long story) and of course they all think hes crazy. i do as much as i can for him but i can't seem to get it right anymore.
how do i approach the possibility with him that he may have a problem that i can't fix??

Last edited by Dezzi; 03-29-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: additional info

Old 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: what if he's sick?...

sounds like he does have a problem you can't fix.....
he's responsible for his own anger, you aren't......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

you say "Honey, I don't think we should see each other anymore."

If he didn't mind losing all his close good friends to his irrational behavior, what makes you think he would mind losing you? I can promise you if you challenge him and suggest that he needs help, he will turn on you. He wants you living inside his sick world, and you are becoming sick as a result of lliving in that world. You are losing your ability to trust your own judgment, and being all too eager to substitute his judgment for your own. Man, why do we women do that??

But you still know what's real and what's right. Cling to that before you lose it forever, or at least before it will take years for you to get it back. He won't change for his friends, he won't change for you, and you will only continue to get sicker as long as you stay with him.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
(female)

Dezzi HB User

thanks for that*

Closed Thread