It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

msfeisty HB User
Found a text from another girl saying "RAWR"

I was waken by my bfs phone vibrating on our nightstand. I checked the message and it was from Megan, all it said was "RAWR"

I initially thought it was my phone. Me and him have the same phone so when I reached to look... i realized it was his. His phone is set up where you can partially read the message as it comes in. And since all it said was RAWR - it raised a red flag. I replied... "WHAT" and she responded back with "ROAR" and I asked "what is that suppose to mean" and she said "IDK" and I asked "no seriously" and she replied back again with "IDK"

At this point, I felt sick to my stomach. I confronted my bf. He said it was some girl he went to school with. He bumped into her one day at the store and they swapped numbers. He also said she would randomly text him and when she would she would always say stuff like "RAWR" or "MEOW" -- that makes no freaking sense. Why in gods name would she begin salutation with RAWRS? Thats a sex call!

This is really difficult for me because we were talking about marriage and have been looking at rings. He has even asked my family... its all unofficial but the tears are just burning my cheeks because my gut tells me there is more.

He did call this girl and she sounded so messed up. I dont know if its due to liquor or if its drug related. Before he could even say hello... the first thing out of her mouth was Rawr... Rawr... rawr....

Im at work and I cannot concentrate at all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Found a text from another girl saying "RAWR"

She sounds like a complete tool. I think it's possible that there's nothing going on from his end but she thinks there's something going on because the drugs have turned her brains into scrambled eggs.

I doubt she could even compete with you on any level, except she would win the nutcase award. If your bf is stupid enough to actually want to hook up with a drug addicted loser like her, then you don't want him anyway. Better to find out now than after the engagement.

Honestly, I wouldn't get too upset over it only because she sounds so completely pathetic that it's laughable that any guy would want to hook up with her, do you know what I mean?

Last edited by Kszan; 04-05-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

I think that text is bothering you way more than it needs. Obviously, it was incoherent nonsense, your bf already admit to knowing her and stating that it was just random nothingness, and even when you asked her she replied IDK. I think something else is bothering you about the whole marriage thing. Something that you may not want to admit is bothering you. You HAVE to trust him in order to be getting married to him. So why don't you believe him/ why are you so upset? Whatever it is that is really making you cry, you need to talk it out with your partner before the wedding before it becomes too big to handle.

good luck.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User

I would say it's probably nothing and he had no plans on physically hooking up with her, but I still would be a bit upset that he exchanged numbers in the first place.
I don't really see any reason a man who is engaged would want to exchange numbers and text with another girl, unless she was a completetly platonic friend he planned on introducing you to. But that doesn't sound like the case. It sounds like he was playing the "its cool to have girls text me even if I don't plan on getting with them" game. But she's a bit whacky so it's now coming back to bite him in the you know what. Maybe you should ask him why he neded to exchange numbers with her anyway!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
(female)

msfeisty HB User

I posted something additional and I just realized that its not displaying....

Yes she did the "Rawr" "Rawr" rawr to him then he tried to hang up - I snatched the phone and I asked who it was and this girl starts saying nasty vulgar things like sitting on my face blah blah blah. Oh trust me, she snapped out of her "rawr rawr rawr" cheer. She was being completely belligerent... laughing... and she was not making any sense. Finally I just asked outloud since she was on speaker phone if she was messing with him she said no and laughed some more. He tried to talk to her and I think she said he was a "stupid bit**"

Yeah sure she sounds crazy but why in the hell does he even have her number when he is not the type to exchange numbers with other females. He has no female friends and that is just something he does not entertain.

We spoke again this morning and he did admit there was something that happened via text We DID hit a rocky patch last year and I did not see him much. We would only see each other on the weekends and we were not getting along. He was unemployed at the time and his car was messed up so I had to drive down there to see him.... or I had to drive down there to pick him up and then drop him off again. I was frustrated with that situation and I felt like he was not trying hard enough to get a job to change the situation. I bitched about that and how I was unhappy with wasting 2 hours of my day to just go get get him since he was staying with his parents who lived an hour away. I had my own place and we were still dating...Basically he said I made him feel like crap, blah blah blah he felt unappreciated it and he was just texting her. He said they were simply texting and he did keep in touch with her MORE while he stayed down there.

So what NOW? The more I shake him... the more the story changes and the more I get out of him. So I gather... yes they were flirting/maybe texting with each other since things were not so great between us. Maybe HE DID bang her... i dont know.... things are great now... so where does that leave me?

Last edited by msfeisty; 04-05-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

I don't want to cause any problems because I agree that she's probably nutty but if you go a search on RAWR this is what comes up:

A word that means "I Love You" in dinosaur.

You have to decide if that's ironic or a warning sign.

(This is from the urban dictionary. Lots of people are into this animal stuff right now for some reason.)

Last edited by resolution09; 04-05-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
(female)

msfeisty HB User

rawr... is a SEXUAL thing... Imagine you had a cat woman suit on and you tried to purr... or do a little roar -- she was doing PRECISELY that. Yes she probably was drunk but there is no way she would randomly just choose him and start saying those things. I know they flirted and said a few things via text - he admitted that. i just dont know HOW FAR they went. My point is... does it matter?

Or should i just focus on what I want to do? I feel so betrayed. I knew he was playing for a fool last night. He kept insisting he does not know why she would say that to him. Yeah right. Well today he admitted that he was talking to her blah blah blah and that we were having problems... BUT NOTHING happened. So I cut him off and told him that NOTHING MAY HAVE HAPPENED, but he exchanged numbers and texted her more frequently while we were having problems because HE WANTED something to happen.

Am I really over analyzing this guys?!!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I still think she sounds like a goober and I'd be laughing at her and frankly at HIm for even wanting to have anything to do with a wierdo chick like her. I mean honestly, the whole thing is just so totally lame, it really doesn't speak to your bf being all that intelligent for wanting to text with someone like her. The more you write about her, the more pathetic she sounds. And the more stupid your bf sounds for ever wanting to have anything to do with a loser like her in the first place.

I still don't have the feeling that anything happened between them, I still get the sense that they are just texting and nothing else. You're right that he shouldn't be texting with some crazy girl when you guys are practically engaged. So tell him he's being an idiot and either he stops with the texts or else you're done. But you have to mean it and be willing to walk away if he doesn't stop it.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

of course he's gonna say nothing happened.....
I'd hold off on the wedding until things become a little clearer......

Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

I'm sorry but I really can't stop laughing about the RAWR thing! It means love in Dinosaur? Dinosaur is language, ey? ::Scratching head:: Since when do dinosaurs speak...

This chick is clearly NUTS!!!! And I agree with Kszan.

Msfeisty, so what ARE you going to do? What do you think needs to be done in order for all of this to disappear? I don't think you are over analyzing it. But, now what? You are (rightfully) upset, but I don't get the feeling that you want to leave him. I don't think you even really know what you want to do. But I agree with rosequartz about holding off the wedding until things become clearer. I think you really need to THINK about what's going to happen. Ask yourself- If I forgive him, will he do it again? How will I know that he won't do it again? How do I know how many times he's sex-texted anyone? Can I really get it over it? How will I feel if we break it off and I'm all alone?

Just write down these questions and answer them trully and truthfully. Put it away and read it in a week or so and then maybe you can come to your own conclusion.

G/L

Closed Thread