It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

Poopsie HB User
BFF kicks her bf out...again. UPDATE

Background here:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=740135

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So things have taken an unexpected turn. Well, no, not reallyÖ

BFF and I had plans to hang out a couple weekends ago. She called me during the daytime to set up the time, and she was fine. I told her I would call just before I left, and again when I got there, so I wonít have to leave the car. I called before I left, no answer. I got there and still no answer. I left a voice mail stating I was outside, and she didnít come out. I got a bad feeling something was wrong. I called my relative who rents there, and he came out and said that things had gotten out of hand. So I went in to see if everything was ok.

As soon as I went in, I saw her drunk ex run into the bedroom and shut the door. He knows I donít like him and was trying to hide. My BFF staggers out from the back room, no make up on, hair a mess, not ready to go, obviously very drunk. Iíve warned her before that I will not take her any where if she is already drunk. She claimed to have had only one drink. She couldnít find her ID or money, and by then an hour had passed and I was fed up and she couldnít have gone anywhere without the ID, so I told her it was not going to work out for that evening, and I left.

She contacted me the next week, apologizing, and said that ex had made her the drink. Not that he forced her to drink it, but he admitted later that he purposely made it with very strong alcohol, hoping she would be too drunk to go out. She was so upset by that she threw him out, and told him not to return, and so far he hasnít. But itís only a matter of time before he tries to sweet-talking her again and weasel his way back. My relative stated that if he shows up again, he will call the police.

We had a long talk, and I made it clear that I wonít support that behavior or their relationship, or be part of the drama any more, because I have a responsibility to myself and my own well-being. She has already lost one friend due to this drama and BS, so maybe this will be her wake up call.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
(male)

islandjohnny HB User
Re: BFF kicks her bf out...again. UPDATE

Sorry to read that your friend has chosen such a dead end path. I truly hope see can pull herself out of this depression, because the path she has chosen will eventually due her in. I spent many, many nights trying to help a friend to sobriety. He died alone, at the age of 26, on an lonely road while driving his motorcycle drunk at 2:00 a.m.

I was so angry at him for not being able to help himself. He seemed to have everything in life, but was so unhappy.

Truly wishing that you can help your friend. I realize it's not easy, but if you truly care for her, don't walk away from her when she's sick........ and right now, she sounds as if she needs you more then ever.

Last edited by islandjohnny; 04-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Closed Thread