It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

meg4 HB User
Seeing the inappropriate "friend" this weekend

Thanks for all the advice on my previous thread. I've removed this one because I put too much specific info in it.

Last edited by meg4; 04-10-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User
Re: Seeing the inappropriate "friend" this weekend

I think you wre in fact taking the high road. It IS a good sign your boyfriend asked you to go to this event with him. A guy with ill intentions would probably go by himself and keep you in the dark.

Go and be confidant and maybe even strike up conversation. You know what they say...keep your friends close and your enimies closer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
(female)

Idris HB User

Its wonderful that your bf asked you to go and I am so glad you are indeed taking the high! Good for you Meg!!!

Also this will give you an opportunity to see how she behaves and allow you to bring to this attention in the event her behavior gets out of hand!

I think its wonderful that your bf is wanting to show moral support for the boy!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

meg4 HB User

Thank you River rocks and Idris!

Thanks for your encouragement!

Last edited by meg4; 04-10-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

It's awesome that you are taking this well. Just remember, being a happy upbeat girlfriend doesn't mean being a doormat. Don't go looking for trouble, but dont let it bite you in the Kutzpa either! Best of luck to you!
Melissa

Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg4 View Post
Hell, maybe I'll buy her a drink
This might not be a bad idea, although, don't do it with ill motives.

I am generally suspicious of opposite-sex relationships with other persons outside of a committed relationship. Most (if not all) of the married folks I know, myself included, do not carry on any sort of relationship with members of the opposite sex. I have women who I would consider friends, but none that I would hang out with one-on-one, or talk on the phone with, or text, or whatever... It's just not normal in my world.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
(female)

meg4 HB User

Update:

The day turned out to be pretty good. My boyfriend (I could tell) was making a good effort make it a good day for us. We started out by leaving the house two hours before the event, so that we (just the two of us) could go to the park that is near the event, sit by the creekside and enjoy the sun and each others company before we went. It gave us a nice oppertunity to connect.

When we got to the event, we greeted Dawn. She was cordial, and not overly anything towards my boyfriend. I don't know if she was trying to be on her best behavior (and hide any emotion) or is she truly was indifferent that we were even there. But at this point I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, after the event, I had the impression the "depth" of their so called friendship and any mental attachement may be more in my boyfriends head than in hers. Either that or like I said, she is a brilliant actess playing off being very cool with me and showing no affection at all to my boyfriend. If it is more in his head than anything real I see no real threat unless he became delusional or fixed on it. I am thinking it to be more of built up thing in his head, telling himself he is/was important to her in some way.

Thanks for reading. That's it! (I hope!)

Last edited by meg4; 04-14-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

sounds like a nice happy ending!
I hope that eased your mind a bit!

Closed Thread