It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

ctnc1234 HB User
Question Husband and I are debating on what makes a woman happier....

I need some honest imput women...and men you can give yours too.

For a man to show you he loves you...do you want him to spend money on you, and little or no time.... or spend time with you, and little to no money?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Husband and I are debating on what makes a woman happier....

it depends on the woman....I'd prefer time over money, but it doesn't matter on what makes "a woman" happy......you need to make it clear to your husband what makes "his woman" happy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
(female)

lam41565 HB User

Time over money for sure. That is when you bond and make memories. Money can't buy happiness....at least that is my opinion!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Neither. I would want an equal balance between the two. Why does it have to be only 1 or the other? Is there some reason why there can't be a balance between the two options?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
(female)

ctnc1234 HB User

Totally agree with you both. Thank you so much for posting.

Kszan...good point, but in my world...I only get one. lol Your a very lucky woman if you get both, hang on to him!

Last edited by ctnc1234; 04-09-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
(female)

emeraldcut HB User

To spend time with you and give you only gifts that you know he can "barely" afford on the most special occasions.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User

Why is your husband debating what makes a woman happy? You're the woman, doesn't he believe you? Is HE a woman? I don't think so.

What makes you happy? Where is the debate in that?

I agree with Kzsan. You can have a balance!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
(female)

ctnc1234 HB User

The debate is because...he wants me to be like everyone elses wives who just spend the money and don't need the husband so much. But I love my husband and I want to be with him, not his money. So... Houstin we have a problem! Doesn't give me a real good feeling. All my efforts have fallen on deaf ears. Does this mean he dosen't love me enouph to try?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnc1234 View Post
The debate is because...he wants me to be like everyone elses wives who just spend the money and don't need the husband so much. But I love my husband and I want to be with him, not his money. So... Houstin we have a problem! Doesn't give me a real good feeling. All my efforts have fallen on deaf ears. Does this mean he dosen't love me enouph to try?

it's more than this.....I read your other posts.....tell him you'd be happy if he didn't cheat on you, if you could reach him on his cell phone, and if he didn't come home with blond hair on his chin that isn't either one of yours!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Each person is different. There is a book out there called The 5 Love Languages and "gifts" and "time" are two different languages.

Personally, I like a balance of both, but my love language is "acts of service". Meaning, my husband helping me around the house or offering to wash my car. Now THAT turns me on. HA HA HA HA HA !

Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I would take time over money any day. I can make my own money and buy my own things.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I want the time! Forget the cash......it's easy to spend cash when you have it and besides that, I have plenty and can take just fine care of myself . But it takes more effort to spend time with somebody.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User

In my experience, my wife seems to value much more the thoughtful gifts that go together with time. Like a spontaneous night away, a dinner out, a play... She's not much for the material things. Aside from her engagement and wedding bands--which I did splurge on--she has very little in terms of valuable things, and I've never gotten any indication that she'd have it any differently.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
(female)

MarionP HB User

More important for me is that my partner does things for me not because he thinks he should be doing,but he wants to do.Quality time means a lot more to me than anything he would buy.If he spents money and surprises me with something that he came up with and really wanted to buy it for me,how wonderful is that.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #15
(female)

goingdaffy HB User

Definately more time than money. Who cares about money? The wife can make her own money. If it's only the money, then I would get married to a trust fund baby in prison. No need to ever see him!!! That's why I am always unhappy about my husband spending all weekend at the lake while I do yardwork. It sucks!!

Closed Thread