It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User
Letting go

I need some advice on how to break it off with someone who i know it will never work, but that i have history with and find it difficult to let them go.

i'm just so confused!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: Letting go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lady00 View Post
I need some advice on how to break it off with someone who i know it will never work, but that i have history with and find it difficult to let them go.

i'm just so confused!!
You say "I don't think we should see each other anymore."

No, I know it's not that easy, but I think it's part of the maturing process. If you know it will never work with this person, then the fair, even kind, thing to do is to let them know so you won't be wasting their time. Otherwise, you are just using them, if you know you're not in love with them and don't want a long term serious commitment with them, but keep them hanging on for convenience's sake. That's not nice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Letting go

I think you know what you have to do and that is cut this guy out of your life period. He seems to want to make this your fault and you are the problem. Who cares what he thinks. You can even agree with him if you want...tell him whatever you want but the bottom line is stop going back to him...it will never work not after 5 months/a year/a lifetime he just isn't someone you want in your life. You are in charge of your destiny. There was a reason for your breakup in the first place and that hasn't changed so nothing you do with him will change he will be the same guy you didn't like or want before. And if breaking up is easier to do by texting then that is what you do and too bad if that isn't how he thinks it should be done...you do whatever way you feel most comfortable. You can see he knows how to manipulate you...he knows what makes you squirm and tick and he knows you can't say no if he is right in your presents so stay away. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Closed Thread