It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

chouchou HB User
help

Can being engaged in a romantic/sexual relationship negatively impact learning and school behaviour, if so in what way? can you help me

Old 04-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
Re: help

Only if you neglect your studies in favor of the relationship. In other words, if someone skips classes, doesn't turn in papers, doesn't study for exams, and doesn't show up for group projects because they'd rather spend time with their BF/GF, then yes, it could. Or if the person stays out too late with the BF/GF and is too tired to concentrate in classes and lectures, then yes.

On the other hand, if there is a balance and the person allows adequate time for studies and classes and sees their GF/BF when time allows, then there's no reason at all for it to negatively impact your studies. I had a serious BF in college and I still managed to maintain a high B average and turn in all school work, and I seldom missed class.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
Can being engaged in a romantic/sexual relationship negatively impact learning and school behaviour, if so in what way? can you help me
It's a matter of maturity. You don't say how old you are, or how old the person you are talking about is. Studies do show that high school girls who are sexually active tend to get lower grades than girls who are not sexually active. I think mainly because the girls who are sexually active are so wrapped up in the emotions and the hormones and thinking about their boyfriend and when they can see him next that they let their studies slide. When you're still a kid basically, it's harder to balance out your feelings and wanting to spend all day with your boyfriend and your responsibilities. But hopefully as you mature, you can be in love and be in a serious relationship and still be responsible and focus on work, school, and your daily responsibilities. If I had had a serious boyfriend in high school, I probably would have flunked out. I'm a rather sensitive, emotionally driven person, always have been. But I went back to school to get a professional certificate and had a boyfriend at that time, in my early 30s and had matured by then so even though I was in love, I still met my responsibilities and got A's in all my classes.

Last edited by Larrylou'smom; 04-11-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
(female)

chouchou HB User

thank you for your reply, can you help me about this question... In what ways does globalisation help or hinder the attainment of the democratic ideal in education?

Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't think the purpose of this board is to give you answers to your homework questions?

Closed Thread