It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

musiclove33 HB User
Friend has Disorder...help!

I just figured out that my roommate of the past year and a half has narcissistic injury disorder and/or possibly borderline disorder. It has taken many ups and downs and hundreds of odd scenarios to come to this point (she told me at the beginning of the year she had a disorder but didn't say which). I move out in a few weeks and have tried to distance myself from her (because I see how destructive she is to me and to her), but it seems like she is just becoming more fueled to act out by this. Does anyone have any tips with dealing with someone like this? I just have to survive a little bit more and then I don't have to be around her ever again, but it's getting unbearable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Friend has Disorder...help!

I have invented something that helps me cope with "persnickety" people.I treat them
like they are like , five-year old child! You would not be mad with a kid who was acting up,in your presence.This has particularly helped me deal with my adult
children.I never get "mad" at them anymore,and we now get along pretty well.This
condition became rampart right after my wife passed,a few years ago.All of a sudden,the Dad became the ogre. Love to all ...Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
Re: Friend has Disorder...help!

Careful... people with BPD can be violent when they feel rejected. I have an old BPD "friend" who I cut off years ago who continues to egg my house and vandalize my property sometimes... If you are assertive and try to cut her off, she will surely act out if she truly is BPD. I would try to keep it light and surface-oriented until you move out. Be polite and unemotional. Then try to have it fade. If she keeps bugging you, then you can get more assertive once you're away from her physically and get a restraining order if it gets to that point.

Closed Thread