It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Anti Social HB UserAnti Social HB UserAnti Social HB User
Guys opinions needed please

Hi all. I need some insight into the male brain..I just found out that my fiance, who I have been with for 3 yrs now, lied to his co worker about cheating on me. He told me that he told his co worker stories about having girls on the side, to "impress him and look cool" bc he doesnt have a lot of friends. My fiance says he has never cheated and that he told him all this bc "thats how some guys are and they need to come off as a player to be considered cool"...Now he has done some shady things similair to this in the past but has always said he has never cheated. I dont know what to believe.

Now I know how guys are but I think him doing this was totally wrong and hurtful. But on the other hand, I do know thats how guys interact and want to come off "cool". Any advice or thoughts? Do you think he really is cheating or is it just him trying to impress?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Guys opinions needed please

I'm not a guy, but had to reply anyway.....
I think this BOY is not mature enough to be your fiance!
If he is still worrying about peer pressure and impressing other guys, he needs some time to grow up. What's he gonna do if you marry him?
brag/lie (?) about cheating on his WIFE?
I'd reconsider this marriage for now.
I'm not sure if he's lying about cheating or really cheating, but either way, a respectable man who respects his woman wouldn't do either!
I'd lose this clown.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

I have to agree with Rose. First, this seems like a really strange way to fit in with the boys. Even if it isn't true, he's still making you a joke and a laughing stock in front of his collegues. How do you think that makes you look to them? What do you think they think of you, assuming he's playing you for a fool and you're too stupid to see he's running around on you and/or too weak to do anything about it? How much respect do you think they now have for your relationship? When he's out with them, and they assume he cheats so they try to get him to take home some chippie they run into at a bar, how do you think he's going to handle it?

When a man is really ready to commit to a woman and be in a serious relationship, he respects her, and treats her with respect, even when she's not there, to everyone, and expects everyone in his life to treat her with respect, too. He's still a little boy who values what his buddies think more than your reputation, more than your feelings or needs, more than treating you with respect. He's not ready to be a good husband. Not by a long shot.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User

I agree with the others. Cheating or not, he is disrespectful. Do you find it acceptable to be with someone who will lie about trashing you? And thinks it cool? And needs that kind of validation for the guys? This is like 4th grade mentality.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

I agree that now he's made you look like a clueless victim at best and a fool at worst. Does he not care at all what he did to you? Or does "looking cool" matter more to him?

Just to give you some perspective, I had a 4 year relationship with a guy who DID repeatedly cheat on me. After he (thankfully) broke up with me, his friends told me that they had lost a lot of respect for me because I put up with it and stayed. Many people now think I'm a fool and have no respect for myself. Great...

I would seriously reconsider marrying this guy. Like someone else said, once you're married, is he going to brag about cheating on his wife? He needs to grow up before he's ready to take on the responsibility of being a husband.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User

I'm a 31 year-old male, and I have a varied and large group of friends, acquaintances, and professional contacts, and I don't know anyone who would think it's "cool" to cheat on his significant other. And I know some real losers. Sorry.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
(female)

lemondrop HB User

Good grief, how immature is your guy?

Not ALL guys are like that, lying about conquests to sound "cool". In fact, MOST guys are NOT like that. And bragging about cheating? Most guys I know, if they hear a friend of theirs was cheating on his girlfriend would not think so highly of them.

I can't tell you whether or not you fiance is cheating on you, but he sure does need to grow the heck up. I'd never want to be with a guy who was so boastful about sleeping around or cheating (real or imagined). How revolting.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

OMG, this guy is completely immature, immortal, and VERY disrespectful to you. I think that the others, who responded here, have said enough good things that I can "ditto" their comments. You need to SERIOUSLY reevaluate marrying this guy because what he did should be sending up a HUGE red flag!!

Last edited by EDC_Light; 04-27-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

You should read "Dude You're a ***". It's about this exact issue... of course, it's about boys in HIGH SCHOOL. I would advise you to rethink the wedding. I would never marry a guy who did this. I don't even think that sounds excessive because I think this is a big deal and shows a lot about who this guy is.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
(male)

eels and cake HB User

Perhaps he is insecure about himself and this draws him to say outlandish things. I know some people who are guilty of similar behavior, when not a kernel of truth was to be found.

On the other hand, I remember many an evening in the pub where my friends would talk about all the women they pulled in. I never had much to contribute and even though I'm not accustomed to giving into peer pressure, can admit I felt like the odd one out at times because of it. Perhaps he's trying to act like and "alpha". It's disrespectful to you, but a possibility.

Closed Thread