It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
(female)

lolly 1992 HB User
What Should I Do?

Hiya.. I Am Just Writin For Some1 To Help Me About My Boyfriend.. Hes Got Anger Problems.. He Gets Angry Over The Most Littleist Things hes Not Hitting Me He Jus Tlks To me Like **** and like ill cry to hiim bout the way hes talking to me n he js laughs or tells me im been pathetic. i really love him and ive been with him a year and 4 months and i realy dont want to throw away what we have togever because of the way hes been.. he tells me he loves me and he dunt want to keep hurtin me but then he does it again. ive advised him to see a doctor to help n he says that he will but he still hasent rung them yet because hes workin so ive told him if he doesent ring them i will.
He gets angry over the most stupid convosations and goes over the top.
so i try to weeve off the convo or let hiim be right because for example if we are argueing over something n we disagree on each others opinions he gets mad then kos i dont agree with him so now ive jus started tellin him hes right because i just havent got the energy anymore to argue with hiim. please will someone tell me what to do i dont know what to do... thanks xx

Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User
Re: What Should I Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly 1992 View Post
He Jus Tlks To me Like ****.... he js laughs or tells me im been pathetic....

i really love him.....
How is it possible that these phrases can exsist in one post? I don't get it.
I'm sorry. Somewhere inside you must know that this is not love, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

Hesione HB User

Leave. Get your life back. Find someone that can love you well.

It doesn't matter if he loves you, and it doesn't matter if you love him. Love is NOT enough. There has to be respect and maturity. This man does not respect you. Love is worthless without repsect.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

He is a loser. Dump the chump and get on with your life.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User

Lolly, really, what else can you do? You say you don't want to throw away what you have just because of the way he's being. Let's think about that for a minute. You don't want to leave him just because he's being...himself?! That's really what you're saying.

You're making the same mistake most young women make in their first relationships. The same mistake I made. You want some magic key, some magic formula that will make the angry, verbally abusive guy go away, and the sweet, loving wonderful guy stay for good. But what you don't realize is that they are both him. Those two people cannot be separated and divied up. For some reason you've decided to believe that the angry, verbally abusive, mean guy is not really him. You have to realize, yes, it is him. It's a part of him that he has no intention or desire to work on or change. It's like playing a slot machine. You put a quarter in, nothing. Put another two in, you get one back, put that one in, you get 5 back. You put 4 in, you get 10. You play 8 of those, you get three back. etc. You win just enough to keep you playing, but you never win the big jackpot. It's a game you never win.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean it's healthy to be in a relationship with them. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you SHOULD be in a relationship with them. A healthy, mutually respectful relationship takes more than love. It takes trust, honesty, and respect. Your man doesn't have any of these things for you.

I think you need to start at the root of the problem. You need to deal with you. You cannot change anyone else's behavior but your own. You don't have control over anyone else's free will, and you cannot make someone else change or become someone else. The only thing you can do is change your reaction to it. I think the first thing you need to do is do some soul searching and try to find out why you have such a low opnion of yourself. Why do you allow someone to mistreat you and talk to you in a disrespectful, abusive, hurtful manner. Why do you believe you don't deserve any better? Why do you believe you will never find any better? You need to work on your self esteem and get to the bottom of why you don't take better care of yourself and why you don't expect better treatment. Every time you stay, every time you accept his apology and make everything nice again, you are teaching him that he can verbally abuse you and be mean to you and break your spirit down with no consequence, and you will just stay and take it and he never has to worry about losing you. Personally, I don't think he does worry about losing you, or he wouldn't treat you that way. his ego would be bruised, but it wouldn't break his heart if you left. If he had anything real in his heart for you to begin with, he wouldn't treat you that way. It's pretty much that simple.

Deal with yourself first. Once you fix your self esteem issues, you won't want to sacrifice your happiness and sense of self worth to be with a man who treats you so badly.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
(male)

justaguy HB User

I would take care of you first and move on. Your partner will always find someone to belittle so it can be you or someone else and only you can decide.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 AM   #7
(male)

islandjohnny HB User

I also believe in your own heart that you know this relationship is not a healthy one. Myself, I believe that the relationship must be based on respect for each other, as-well-as love.

I'm sure other will offer their honest opinions and you will gain insight on the collective advice.

Wishing you the best in health............

Last edited by islandjohnny; 04-30-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
(female)

DesertMeow HB User

I agree with the others. Yes, it will be really hard to break up with him. It will be even harder to get through the months after the break-up.
However, within a few months, you will be feeling better, and eventually you will be ready to date new men.
When you find someone who treats you with love and respect, you will be SO glad you went through that tough break-up and found a relationship with someone who treats you well.
Can you talk to a counselor by yourself? He or she (I'd recommend a "she") can help you through this time.

Closed Thread