It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: he's on the brink, i don't want to lose him.

Well then, this is new territory for me and I'm completely clueless! lol. At any rate, long story short, when two people who are only dating come up against such arguments and starting to look at, "making it work"................rarely does it actually work. You see, when you start talking about spending a lifetime with somebody, during your dating time is not the time you want to start developing serious relationship problems. Of course there are going to be arguments and disagreements, even fights. But at the end of the day, in my opinion, when your still in the dating phase, if it's the right person, there shouldn't be this intense need to "MAKE" it work. It either does or it doesn't. So, why draw it out and make it more painful? A lesson I myself have had to learn the hard way.
Melissa

Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Unfortunately I do think he may have over reacted and it may be more about control for him.

I think you're right that you will have to be careful for a while and build trust back up. But I'd also advise that you not waste a lot of time with this if in a couple of months things don't seem to be back into a relaxed relationship stage or if you have any sort of repeat/similar problem. Love and compatibility are different things and it's entirely possible that you could love him but still not meant to be with him for the long run. You've only been back together a short time. If things become easier, wonderful. But if it appears keeping him is becoming a project, move on. I doubt it will be all that long before you can tell the difference.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
(female)

cadie HB User

thanks guys.
we're acting like ourselves again, and i'm really happy for that.

i don't know if this could have anything to do with things though.
my parents have been in domincan for the past two weeks and he's been living with me..
a lot of my friends have suggested that maybe cause we're spending SO much time together things have been getting rocky..
we are only three months in, so it was kind of a big move. but hopefully it gets better now, because it is already starting to.

thank you all for your help

Closed Thread