It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Did I Blow It?

Hello! I've written before. To make the story short, I went to HS with this guy about 15 years ago. I loved him. He dated my friend, but depended on me for advice. I was there for him, even though she was always his first choice. He went into the Marines and pretty much never remembered me. It broke my heart. Fast forward until last year. We met up again on FB. We ended up dating for about 4-5 months. I was on top of the world. He was always honest with me. I knew he was in the process of a separation b/c his wife cheated on him, which included aborting his child. I'm a virgin and also suffer from depression. He accepted both. But when we got close to "relationship" status, he ran. For the past year, I've tried to keep in touch with him, most of the time him responding. He was always honest that he didn't want to lead me on. But as many times as I've written, he's never said to stop. He's never taken me off FB. He had so many chances. I found out he is dating someone and it's hitting me hard.

I truly 100% felt he was supposed to be the one. I can't let that go but am so sad. It's supposed to be me. He hasn't responded to the letter but has yet to take me off of FB when I pretty much tell him to if he wants nothing to do with me. Any advice would be helpful....I think!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-29-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Identifying information and vulgar language are not allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User
Re: Did I Blow It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Be Happy View Post
God wouldn't let you hurt me twice. .
You seem like a great lady with a wonderful heart. But honestly, you can't guilt someone into loving you. I do not want to be hurtful, but the reality is that you are his friend but be he's not into you the way you love him.

Find someone available emotionally. He might seem like the best thing since sliced bread, but he is simply not going to come back and love you the way you deserve from someone. Let it go and don't punish him for it. Move on..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User

I was absolutely not punishing him. I find that offensive. I was telling him that he hurt me. Since when is that not allowed?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

he's not that interested.....let it go

Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

I should've kept my mouth shut? Not tell him my feelings?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

How does someone show so much interest and then pull away instantly?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

You may have just overwhelmed him with you emotions. Guys just don't think the same way women do and sometimes it either turns them away or scares them.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User

Quote:
I should've kept my mouth shut? Not tell him my feelings?
There isn't anything wrong with telling him your feelings, but what exactly did you hope to accomplish with that? the guy is blowing you off, no doubt about it, were you trying to confirm that? because if so, well, there you go, he doesn't care. He doesn't care that he upset/hurt you and he isn't going to have a change of heart, he has moved and so should you, trust me, i know it's painful, everyone has been there, but you need to let the hurt sink in and deal with it and move on yourself.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

River rocks HB User

Quote:
I was absolutely not punishing him. I find that offensive. I was telling him that he hurt me. Since when is that not allowed?
No offense intended. Its just that your words to him imply he should feel guilty. And maybe he should, I don't know, but I have never seen any instance where after a man leaves a relationship (by his choice) he will go back simply because the woman made him feel bad about hurting her.
As if a lightbulb is going to go off in his head "gee.. I really messed her up, she really cares, I guess that means I better go back to her." Doesnt happen and if it did it wouldnt be genuine.

I just feel you have a lot more to offer than to wait around for Mr Unavailable and uninterested.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

He "pulled away" a looonnnggg time ago. He did not show "so much interest", you two only spoke when you initiated contact. It's not like he was calling you every day, asking you out on dates, coming over or having you over, etc. any time recently. This all ended last year some time. You held on but he didn't, and it's pretty obvious. So in telling him your "feelings", he's probably sitting there going "WTH???" And your frequent use of the "F" word doesn't sound loving and caring, it sounds angry, hurt and somewhat accusing. Anyway, he obviously saw you as a friend type rather than a romantic possibility and he's probably baffled at your angry (and yes, it does come across as angry and betrayed) letter.

I think you've been advised many times on this board that he just isn't going to be "the one" for you, despite your wish that he is. You can continue to attempt to pursue this, or you can try to accept it and find ways to move on.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by River rocks View Post
No offense intended. Its just that your words to him imply he should feel guilty. And maybe he should, I don't know, but I have never seen any instance where after a man leaves a relationship (by his choice) he will go back simply because the woman made him feel bad about hurting her.
As if a lightbulb is going to go off in his head "gee.. I really messed her up, she really cares, I guess that means I better go back to her." Doesnt happen and if it did it wouldnt be genuine.

I just feel you have a lot more to offer than to wait around for Mr Unavailable and uninterested.
This is exactly what i'm talking about, he doesnt care, even if you wish that he did, he doesnt. I know that is difficult to accept, i have been in this kind of situation myself a few times and it REALLY stinks. The best thing to do is to simply cut all communication, don't see, text, call, email him under any circumstances, completely delete him from your life, pretend that he never existed at all. When you get angry and write him these letters, you aren't just telling him your feelings, you're also telling him that he still has power over you and you need to take that power back, once he sees that you no longer care and are going on about your life he's gonna be like "what happened to her?".

good luck!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

You use the phrase "when we were dating" so frequently in that letter, it's almost like you're trying to hold onto that. I am really not trying to offend you, just give you the truth, but your letter comes across as somewhat desperate. It will seem obsessive to someone who isn't interested in you, that you're thinking of him so much and analyzing everything so much and recounting everything you've done for him. To someone who was never that interested, the letter is just going to turn him off from you even more. Think about it, if someone wrote you that that you weren't interested in, wouldn't it make you feel sort of put-off? If you get the urge to write him again, I advise you to just write a letter and not send it. I don't think he was ever that interested, I think you were just a rebound and available to him but he only ever really saw you as a friend type. We've all been through it and it really sucks, I know and I'm sorry.

There's nothing wrong with you telling him your feelings, we're just trying to get you to see that this letter isn't going to bring about any changes from his side and he doesn't care as much as you do.

Last edited by digmusic; 05-25-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
(female)

justkeeppraying HB User

By being so silent, he sure is saying alot. He probably was caught so off guard and has no idea what to say

On a positive side, it's good you got everything off your chest. I know deep down you were hoping your letter would make him want to come back. That it'd make him realize what a good person/great catch you are. That he'd see how loving you are. And I'm sure you are those things, but telling him so in a letter won't make him see it. Writing someone letters of devotion won't make them love you nor come back. You cannot try to convince someone to be with you, or try to talk/guilt them into it. You shouldn't even want to. I'd never in a million years want to be with a man whom i had to 'convince' to stay with me. The ugly truth is that you think he's 'the one', but he doesn't feel the same. So you must stop telling yourself you're supposed to be with him.

That saying "out of sight, out of mind". He left and didn't think about you much. He 'forgot your birthday' and didn't initiate contact. The signs were there before that he was/is not interested.

In his eyes, he probably feels he was 'there for you'. If you wanted to talk, he usually responded to you. That's how he probably sees it, but it's just him not being 'there for you' in a romantic way that bothers you.

I think I read somewhere that he posted a picture of himself and his new interest on FB, and that this upset you. It's like you're blaming him for moving on and it's been a year. You need to move on too. Pursuing him will push him further away. You weren't his first choice in high school (your friend was), and you are not his choice this time either (apparently, this new girl is). With this trend, you wouldn't be the third time around either, so there is no point in continuing to pursue him. I'm sorry if this hurts you, it's just the truth. Take care of yourself and nurse your heart. I agree, I would stop writing him letters like this. You'll be okay.

Blessings to you.

Last edited by justkeeppraying; 05-26-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #14
(female)

justkeeppraying HB User

I'd also like to add something about a comment you made, although I'm sure it was innocent on your part: "God wouldn't let you hurt me twice."

God does protect us (if it is His will). He will look after those who seek refuge in Him. However, He will also give us warnings. If someone has been 'warned' and they choose to keep doing against it, sometimes God lets them learn the hard way. That is a price some people pay for being stubborn and continuously going after something He has made clear is off limits. This goes for everything- careers, relationships, activities, ect. So what you said is not true. If you ignore the signs, step off the path He's guiding you on, you will be hurt over and over again (if it is His will).

Last edited by justkeeppraying; 05-26-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

I wrote the letter b/c I wanted to get everthing off my chest. Knowing my feelings for him never stopped, he had every opportunity to tell me stop contacting him. I didn't write the letter so he feels guilty. If he feels guilty, that's on him!!!

Closed Thread