It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

jt3 HB User
making friends again

for the past 8 yrs ive been a good mummy to my beautiful 8 yr old daughter n now i need somethink 4 me cos i never have worked ive always dropped my daughter to school n then home or shoppin or go to my mums and now im stuck in a rut of depression n im scared cos i dont no how to get out n enjoy life again n make new friends please help :O)!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: makin friends again

That's a hard one! I go through that too. I'm a single mom of three, I'm fortunate to not have to work, so I have allways been home with mine too. My friends all go do things, and have a spouse to watch the children if they want to go out, or they are divorced and have an every other weekend thing going on. But with my kids, it's just me. I dont have very many friends anymore because I dont go out, and I refuse to have a babysitter raise my children for me. And it isn't that I mind being around my kids.....I love them! But I get lonely. I have recently started going to church which helps. I also pay attention to whats going on in my area as far as special things to be apart of. For instance, I get my children involved in the summer recreation programs, and the YMCA. This allows me to get to know people, be apart of something, and be social. Now I'm not making life long friends, but I do get to chitter chatter for a little while, get out of my house, and do something different. You might want to try something like that. It's nice because it's still focused on my children, but also, I get to be social! Good luck!
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
(female)

HL887 HB User
Re: makin friends again

Seeing as your daughter's 8 years old and has started at school, maybe you could take this opportunity to get some part time work or get involved in voluntary schemes in your community.

Either of these options would help you to get out of the house and meet new people whilst also learning new skills and being part of something which would give you a sense of achievement - something that you've done for yourself that's separate from your family life.

You could also look into social groups like book clubs - they're an interesting way to meet people and discuss new books which would be fun.

I know my mum found it hard being at home all the time with us kids but now we're all older she involved herself in a part time university course, as well as taking other classes. Day or evening classes are a great way to meet new friends and learn something new, I know it really worked for my mum.

hope it helps

Last edited by HL887; 05-30-2010 at 05:04 AM.

Closed Thread