It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

LannyLou HB User
Post I don't know what I'm doing with bipolar boyfriend?

My boyfriend was diagnosed bipolar about 8 years ago. I met him 13 months ago. He explained everything to me, before we got too close, and I accepted, and appeciated, his honesty. I was willing to continue, and 13 months later I am very much in love with him.
Over the past year, whenever he has been 'low', and appeared depressed, he has always talked it over with me, let me spend time with him etc.
The past 3 weeks haven't been so good. He is so low he even stopped his kids visiting. He won't let me help at all. Not answering phone calls, or texts. So much so that I'm worried he's done something to himself sometimes. One text said "I want to escape from everything and everyone". Another said "It's why you don't need me or my crap. Too much of your own to deal with. Best without me"
I know he's pushing, so I'll end it.
I don't want to end it. I can't leave him when he's at his worst. But I don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: I don't know what I'm doing with bipolar boyfriend?

I doubt that it will ever feel like a good time to leave.
All I can tell you is that my Dad is bipolar and he and my mom have been married 50 years, and they love one another. I will tell you this, too, and that's that my mother has had a VERY hard life due to my father's mental illness. You need to determine for yourself if your love is worthy of the incredible sacrifices you may need to make, when
it comes to simply having peace in your own life. My mom has little peace. I'm incredibly sad for her, yet I also know that she loves my father with all her heart.
Just as a daughter looking in.... I wish she didn't have to give up so much potential
joy in her life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread