It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

Angel12311 HB User
Angry Boyfriend

I feel so silly typing this, like just typing it means I know the answer. I guess I just want to assure myself that my instincts are correct. My boyfriend and I have been seeing eachother for about 7 months. In the beginning he was so loving and sweet. Recently, past 3 months, he has been getting angry over silly things and saying that I'm mean to him when I'm not. I go out of my way consistently for him and he says that he doesn't know how to show appreciation because he has never had anyone be that nice to him before. We used to have fun and now I'm on eggshells trying not to **** him off by being too quiet or not holding his hand enough. We fight a lot becasue he escalates conversations into arguments. He tells me how I feel and then gets mad about that too. I really do not know what to do. He says he is happy and thinks we are great but it seems kind of delusional. We will spend a day together and he'll get mad about a bunch of little things, walk away or incesently nit pick at me and call it criticism. After him being mad about me treating me coldly, once I cried in a fight and he just sat there distant and uncomfortable, being short with him, my sentences not being long enough also trigger his immature disposition, he'll send me a text saying we had a great day. Academically I'm astute. but emotionally immature due to an angry father raising me. I don't want to give up on him but he's thrown me for such an emotional loop I'm not sure if I should walk away or stand my ground by his side?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Angry Boyfriend

yes you should absolutely walk away
do a little research on BPD, borderline personality disorder and see if it fits.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I agree, you need to walk away and never look back. Your boyfriend is an abuser in many ways.

Life is too short to settle for this type treatment. There are more fish in the pond who will treat you like you should be treated. You deserve better.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Listen to that little voice inside...you have to get away from him ASAP.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
(female)

Basswife HB UserBasswife HB User

They're all right walk away, don't put yourself down. You are you and you are amazingly made! Someone will come and love and respect you for who you are and you will be able to make a happy life together.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #6
(female)

painfree911 HB User

It's hard to walk away if you have developed strong feelings for him. You'll always be trying to justify for him. People do stupid things for love.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Run fast and far. The anger you see will only escalate. I speak from experience. Run and don't look back.

Closed Thread